Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The landscapers have been here for 2 days cutting and raking up our old grass preparing the ground for the new grass. We will be getting ne St. Augustine grass. Today they have trenches dug all over the yard for the pipes for the sprinkler system. Sadie and Pooh ran outside and started jumping over the trenches and running all around sniffing. Sadie ran and jumped over a trench and landed on the cement around the pool. Pooh Bear followed and somehow fell and landed on his side on the concrete. He looked very sheepish. Now his is limping slightly. I just gave him a Rimydly (anti-inflammatory). Luckily we have some on hand. We have a mattress on the living room floor now because hubbies back has been bothering him. My poor Pooh Bear is lying on the mattress cuddles up with his Daddy. I hate for one of my babies to be hurt. I'm not sure what he hurt. He was walking stiff right after he fell and holding his neck out straight and stiff. But then later he was limping some. He may have to take Sadie's appt. at the vet tomorrow. Hopefully he will feel better in the morning.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Ouch, Pooh Bear, that sounds like a painful tumble. Hopefully, rest will make you feel better. Li'l Girl sends her sympathy 'cause she got hit in the side with the storm door a few months ago, and was sore for a few days. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif The vet gave her an anti-inflammatory injection to ease the pain.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Pooh Bear, and to have his foible witnessed doesn't help. Hope all his hurt is his pride and the stiffness is gone later this evening! They do look sheepish when they crash don't they /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh Pooh Bear -- that's quite a tumble! The Rimadyl is a good idea but, if he is still limping in the morning, I think you should have the vet check him over. Warm compresses might help tonight.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Pooh Bear. It's been quite a month for him, hasn't it? I hope that he's feeling better soon. He may have just badly bruised himself. Belly rubs out to him from me and Jersey!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, he is the one who had the bloody diarrea in December and he is the one who fell in the swimming pool and now this.

He got up to have his supper just now. His appetite is not affected. I put a little cooked chicken on top their dry food for something special. He is walking pretty good, just a little slow and he won't jump up. I wonder if he tweaked his neck or back?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Just to be cautious, I would suggest that you really try to restrict jumping up or down until you are sure he is okay. It is amazing how they eat even when hurt!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, he is definitely on take it easy duty. I just took him out after his supper to do his business. He walked all over the yard and peed and pooped normally. He is walking better. But yes, still taking it very easy.

I took Sadie out separately on her leash to avoid any more injuries. Tomorrow the landscapers will be back and they will hopefully finish up with the sprinklers and get the sod mostly laid.

I feel bad for letting them run around out there on their own in the first place. I should have taken the both out on leashes to begin with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts