Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polly is biting and licking her paws and whimpering while she does that. It is very pitiful...I think it's time for the vet...
I've been giving her benedryl, but it doesn't seem to be helping...
does anyone else have experience with this?

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
You can give her Children's Benadryl. I think that Spencr who is 26lbs gets like 10ml or something. You can ask the pharmacist how much to give her depending on weight. It would be the same dose as giving it to a baby.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been giving her 50 mg, and it's not helping. It's getting worse, in fact...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Molly has been on Hydroxyzine, she had baytril before this, we were trying to clear what we thought was a staph infection, and now our Vet recommonded Hydroxyzine which has helped tremendously! She also has a special shampoo, and a topical spray "Betagen" I'm not sure of the shampoo at the moment. Her allergies are on her tummy and her inner hind thighs little red cirles and she gets terribly red and licks at herself. Nothing on her paws though. I haven't been able to deduce if this is common or not though.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Vinny used to have the very same issue. Vet prescribed Temeril, and the problem was solved.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Sounds to me like grass mites, which one cant see with the naked eye. Get the vet to check, but Frontline would get rid of it if it were the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts