Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had to break our holiday short due to mechanical problems with our camper-car and poor conditions in France due to unusually cool weather for the time of year. What with this and Susi wetting their bed a few times, resulting in us searching for campsites with washing machines, we decided it would be more comfy at home!! We made it back and Dave has since fixed the camper.
Actually Susi and Snoopy took to camping quite well, but my goodness they were so happy to get home. Snoopy raced in and out of the house. He is so full of fun.
We had a bit of a shock just before we went away. The hounds went for their booster jabs and our vet examined them first. To our surprise and horror he found that Snoopy has heart-valve problems and will sooner or later need medication to keep him going. It is hard to believe when watching him, he is so lively. Our vet assures us they can do a lot these days, have any of you experience of this with your dogs?

I shall need some time to catch up on all your messages, but am looking forward to hearing whats been going on in our three weeks absence.

MD, I'll be sending off pictures of our two soon, but I guess you wont want them as we are in this years calendar?
Angela, Dave and the hounds

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome back! I hope Snoopy's heart will be okay, with the meds of our days, there is almost nothing they can't do to help our babies.... :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having read a few of the messages I was horrified to hear of your loss, Gingergoose. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Wayfarer, congratulations on the addition to your family, how is he getting on now? Hope the howling has stopped. Those are lovely photos of your pack.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome home. Sorry to hear about the mechanical issues. And as for Snoopy's heart, its not problem, until its a problem. Keep in mind, but don't worry about it until your vet says so.

Murphy was diagnosed with a heart murmur (along with many other things) many years ago. It just disappeared (and I hope it stays that way.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks MD. We have decided not to worry about Snoopy until something shows itself. He is a happy little chap and full of beans.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few pics from the trip

Our first camp-site in the grounds of a chateaux, France.

They slept on the floor during the day.
It got quite cool on the Atlantic coast.

sitting on the camper-car bench

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We are glad you are back with us but I, too, am sorry you had to cut your trip short! I read your posting earlier and was going to request that you post some pics so glad to see them. Susi & Snoopy look quite comfy.
I can't imagine why you couldn't submit photos again -- I would love to see them included again!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome back! :wave: Sorry you couldn't stay as long as you wanted, but it's good to hear from you. The pictures are great, as usual. I wouldn't worry too much about Snoopy as long as he's being his normal beagly self.

·
Registered
862 Posts
So glad to see you back!!! Don't worry about Snoopy too much as long as he's still bouncy and enjoying everything as usual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts