Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we got home last night after a traumatic trip. Four days after arriving at my mothers, she collapsed in my arms and died three days later. It was a shock, even though she had been ill for years (blasted cigarettes caused emphyzemie). The day before we had taken her out in our camper, to the seaside and she enjoyed lunch in the car( she hated restaurants) and even sat on a bench by the sea. That night she went to bed happy and even read a book before going to sleep. The next morning at 7am we heard her banging on the bathroom door and mum collapsed in my arms. At the hospital they told me there was no hope, a massive brain heamourage had taken place. I sat with her for three days and nights, my sister was there as well, but mum never opened her eyes and died at 1am on the 8th April. Uncanny, as my father had died on the 9th April 12 years earlier.

Thus followed a couple of weeks of funeral, house clearing and all that goes with a sudden death. I wanted to return to Germany after that, but we decided to go north as planned to visit Daves twin brother and family. It was a strange time but everyone was kind.
Our friend with cancer said they had given her the all clear for the time being (shes had cancer 4 times) so she is getting on with life and flying out here with her husband to celebrate her 60th next week.

Now to Susi and Snoopy. They were WONDERFUL, Susi didnt have a single accident and Snoopy only peed once (at Daves brothers house!) and he was also sick on the bedroom carpet the last morning.We had decided to sleep in the house rather than our van. Otherwise they were adorable and well behaved. At my mums house they felt at home and ran around the garden. They seem so content . Now of course they are pleased to be home again, even if it is belting with rain.

I shall read all your messages over the next few days, to catch up with all your news and get to know new members. So please give me time.
Glad to be back amongst friends.
Angela

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. Treasure those last few days you had with her and how happy she had been with you.

I'm glad that your furbabies were so well behaved on your trip /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Nice to have you back with us, my new rescue doggie says woof woof.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm new around here, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am at the sudden passing of your mother. I hope that you are able to feel peace again and know that she is okay. So glad to hear that your dogs had such a good trip. I bet that made things so much better. Looking forward to getting to know Susi and Snoopy better.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome back. Please accept my sympathy for the loss of your mother. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Bless Snoopy and Susi for being such good beagles during such a traumatic time.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Oh my, Im so sorry to hear about your mom. It is so horrible what a bleed in the brain can do and I have seen how tragic and sudden this can be many times, and Im so sorry for your loss.

I found my mother dead when I was 17, and you need time to grieve, cry and have support from your closest friends and family.

Im glad your back home now and the Beags are doing well.

*HUGS*
manda and snoopy

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Angela,

I'm glad that you all made it home safely and that Snoopy and Susi were the little beetle-angels that we all know they are. :angel:

As for the sudden loss of your mom...please accept my deepest sympathy. No matter how old you are or how much you may even be prepared for it, we are never ready to loose our moms.

~Denise

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. It's good that you were there for her. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that she now has her wings. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Welcome home, Angela.
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother. I'm sure the grief is overwhelming right now, but I hope in time you will be comforted by the memories of the happy time you spent together before her passing. That is a wonderful gift, and I'm sure you will treasure that last trip with her.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for your messages. I have cried buckets since getting home, which I somehow couldnt do before, and am gradually coming to terms with my loss.
Susi and Snoopy are amazing and really seem to have progressed. I shall dig out a few photos from the trip.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Angela -- so sorry to learn of your loss. My mother passed away a year ago and there are still those days ... take care of yourself. So glad you have Suzi and Snoopy to distract you. Hugs!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Angela - Our condolences on the loss of your Mother. There is nothing easy about the loss of a parent. It was nice that she was enjoying your visit and you can remember that part fondly.

It sounds as if Snoopy and Suzi are starting to settled into the role of travelers. I think if the journey is not too stressful most Beagles would love to experience new smells. :rotatesmiley2:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Angela, I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother. My mom died a little over two years ago and, of course, I miss her very much.

Even now I think "I've got to call mom and tell her about the silly thing Daisy did". Then I immediately catch myself. Thank God you were there at the time, and have some lovely memories to ease the pain at least a little.

Happy to hear Susi and Snoopy behaved so well -- they must be getting used to traveling.

They know you need some extra love now.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Your memeories of her will help you get through this. Never having lost a parent, I can't even comprehend what it must be like. Hang in there and remember that we are here for you!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
I'm very sorry to read about your loss! But that might explain why you did not get my new pic,s & get to see Goober & Homer & Pop on my latest roll of film! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Please e-mailme if you have a new add to get the pic,s!([email protected])! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I too am sorry for your loss, at least you were able to spend precious time at the end.

Glad Susi and Snoopy were stars. Glad to have u back!!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all of you for your kind words.
NR, my eMail hasnt changed but the photos didnt arrive. Please try again as I would love to see them.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
My condolences on the loss of your mother. What a blessing that you were there with her at the end. You have the peace of knowing she wasn't alone.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts