Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Summer on the front porch.

Frani and Summer on the Beach at Cape Henlopen.

Frani and Summer on the Cape May Whale Watcher

Cape May Lighthouse

Dophins

OK dad... I've had enough of the whale watching.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Back from Vacation

Oh... and did I mention that I got a phone call Friday from our vet. Someone brought in a beagle that had been hit by a car. They didn't want to pay to get her fixed up and asked to put her down. The vet refused and ask he surrender her to the hospital. He did. She has road rash on her belly, some spots that were stitched up, and two broken bones in her foot. She is about a year old, 13 inches high, and 16 lbs.

She meets Summer Thursday night... and comes home Friday night.
We are naming her Kali.

FYI: My new handle is <span style="font-weight: bold">Joe Beagles</span>!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

Great photos! Oh my gosh, look at Kali, she is gorgeous! That is just such a great story, talk about kismet or carma or whatever, Kali was obvously sent to you guys for a reason and I think Murphy had a paw in her fate! I can't wait to hear how she and Summer get along. I have no doubt they will be fast friends!

The vacation looks so relaxing and fun and Summer and Frani both look beautiful! Congrats.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Love the vacation pictures! Summer seems to have had fun. Kali looks adoreable and yay for you taking her in! I can't wait to hear how Summer and Kali do together.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

First, your vacation pictures are beautiful. That's my home turf...thanks for the nice stroll down memory lane. I absolutely love that picture of Summer on the beach and the lifeguard chair at Wildwood. Ahhhh....

And now the important stuff! Kali is absolutely adorable. She was definitely sent to be yours. Make sure you take lots of pictures when your two girls finally meet. I'm sure Summer will love her new sister. I'm getting all tearry eyed here....congrats on your new girl!

·
Registered
220 Posts

Congratulations on the new addition! I can't wait to hear more about Summer and Kali. Good for you

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Wow! A <span style="color: #CC0000"> </span> <span style="font-weight: bold">BIG</span>
to Kali!!! She is just beautiful and I bet she and Summer will be great pals.
Your photos are magnificent -- it looks like Summer had a very relaxed trip -- I hope you and Frani did as well.
I like your new handle but the change brings those darned tears up again ...

·
Banned
4,444 Posts

Oh Joe, I so hope all goes well between Summer and kali!!!! keeping our fingers and toes crossed. Certainly meant to be. Your vacation pics are great. You had me confused by your new name also found it sad. You must put Murphy on next years calender.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks all. She is a cutie.
Her history as it was put to me:
She was bought as a pup at a pet store by a single mother. She couldn't take care of her and gave her to a family that said they could. On Friday, the owner's kids said their dog had got out and was hurt. The father brought her to the vet hospital we use and was rushed into emergency. When he was told an estimate of the cost, he said that the dog didn't cost him anything to get, why should he pay anything to keep her? He said to put her down. The vet refused and said she would take custody and pay for her medical costs if he would sign her over. After her signed the papers and left, she was given a full going over. No life threatening injuries were found. All the vet techs and doctors said only one name came to mind for a new home... Auriemma (thats us). The phone call to me came 90 minutes after she arrived. The rest will soon be history.

As for the name change, I felt I needed to do it. I will always be Murphy's Dad. He is how it all started. But I am Summer and soon to be Kali's dad too. So I will list them in my title. If you folks think I should put it back, then please say so.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Wow Joe, I'm tearing reading this post. Beautiful pictures of the vacation
and I just knew it!!!
The minute I saw the picture of Kali, my gut just signaled that you're taking her home

Yay!!! Summer has a new sister

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Originally Posted By: Joe Beagles If you folks think I should put it back, then please say so.
I think your new sub title fits perfectly, therefore your new name is just fine

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts

Welcome back Joe! Love the vacation photos, especially the one of Summer's ears flying in the breeze!

Can't wait to hear more about Kali...she sure is a pretty little girl!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts

She looks like such a sweet little beagle. I am glad she is coming to your home. I think your new name and title are perfect! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the meeting with Summer.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Great great pictures!
Kali, poor thing. I'm glad you are like GOD sent to her!
We shall hear lots of stories about her.
As for the name change, I would like Murphy's name still on, he is the founder as well too. And I'm so used to see his name on BW. It is just me, I cling on to memories like my Marlin. I even dream of him.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I loved those pictures...the vacation looked so relaxing...makes me want to go take a nap
. The pups are looking good

1 - 20 of 26 Posts