Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K here is the thing. I do not own a beagle, never have. HOWEVER a week ago I found a beagle and a basenji. The basenji has been returned to a grateful owner, but the beagle had no home. Me and Carlie (my best friend across the pasture) named her "BABY". I fell in love with her, and she is the sweetest dog i have ever met, with the most adorable personality! The down side? Carlie has 3 A.P.B.T. and I have 2 cats, 2 dogs, 8 horses, and 2 fish. Needless to say I we are maxed on animals. I took her to a no-kill shelter in Houston where they will place her in a foster home until adoption. Me and Carlie cried about Baby for 4 hours after dropping her off, and I'm having nightmares. I HAVE GOT TO SAVE BABY! I want to give her the best shot possible, so we have volunteered at the shelter to hopefully keep an eye on her. I WANT TO LET EVERY BEAGLE LOVER IN HOUSTON TEXAS KNOW THAT BABY IS UP FOR ADOPTION AT THE CAPS SHELTER OFF OF I-10. Baby is about a year mabey two years old. Doesn't mind other dogs, she will warn them that they are in her "bubble" but she never strikes out. She only talks the talk, no walking the walk. She has a funny, humorous personality. She loves to go on walks, and be held and loved. She would be awesome with an elderly person. I have never seen her near a child, as i have none but doesn't seem to be bothered by little girls in the park. She likes cats, but isnt sure how to approach them, she just wants to play. Horses - shell stick close to you and watch thier feet, doesnt chase or really bother them. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN ADOPTING BABY - I HAVE HER NUMBER AT THE SHELTER AND ALL THE INFORMATION THAT I HAVE COLLECTED FOR HER. Send me a message and ill let you know everything I can in order to give her a great life. I know that this seems desperate and pathetic and your right it is, but Baby cant put herself on a billboard, and she has no voice in all of this, so here i am beggin someone to open thier heart and home.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Thank you for posting this. You never know when the right person reads it or passes it on to the right person.

Volunteering at the shelter so that you can keep an eye on Baby was an incredibly selfless thing to do. Not pathetic at all.

I do hope that Baby finds the perfect home. Stay with her...she can't miss with somebody like you looking out for her.

(just a thought...have you contacted a beagle rescue? If not, google up "beagle rescues" and see if there are any in your area. You never know.)

Thank you for doing this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've always let CAPS do my rescue work. I trust them because they dont euthanize until the population has reached terrible numbers and the health of the animals they set out to save are compromised. However before they even consider that option they hand over as many as they can to rescue groups that will take them, so they have then lowered thier numbers and don't have to kill. In all the years they have been open I have never heard of this having to happen. However you people have given me an idea, I've signed over my rights to Baby so legally I can't just go get her, I have to adopt her. My idea? I'll adopt Baby on Saturday, Sunday if they are open - then turn her over to a beagle rescue the next day. Hopefully that will work better. We feel terrible that we cannot keep her, but Carlie's dogs say no, and my landlord say HE*L NO. I think I could hide Baby for a night. Thanks for the idea and I'll update you to let you know how it goes. Thanks for the support.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after i adopt her back from CAPS which I dont know if they will let me do. I'm taking her to Houston Beagle Rescue, so that she'll be looked after by someone looking specifically for the breed, who will take the best care of her. Thats the only definate place I can promise her right now. But I would feel better if she was with a beagle rescue as opposed to the CAPS Shelter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carlie checked up on Baby yesterday via phone, she was negative for heartworms and is now up for adoption, so I might just leave her where she is at. I'm not as worried now that I know she is making progress. Once I find her on the website I will post the link here for everyone to see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just wanted to update everyone on baby's adoption status. I havent posted a link for the rescue center she is at because she is not at the shelter - they cant give me any information (cause i signed her over)xcept that shes no longer there, which is GREAT! But why, how could this be great?! Me, my mother, and Carlie have been calling the shelter because she never went up on the site. We feared the worse, afraid she didn't pass the physical. To our amazement and surprise the reason she wasnt on the site is because she isn't at the shelter. This is the good part - Baby isn't stuffed into some little cage with dogs barking for homes, she is either adopted already or in a foster home. So Somewhere Baby is safe, sound, and tail is wagging!! Just wanted to update whoever checks this post and keeps Baby in thier heart. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
How sweet of you to update us on Baby.

I have been thinking about her and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thank you for being one of the people who care so much. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ANOTHER UPDATE ON BABY!! Just to let everyone know we have been keeping track of this little angel for, well since i posted this topic. We have been scared. She passed her physical, but i couldnt find her under available dogs on the CAPS website. Then i found out that she wasnt even there at the shelter - which means she was either adopted or in foster care. ANOTHER SCARE, i found out that she wasnt adopted and CAPS no longer had custody of her, not even fostering her. THEN Carlie and I convinced someone to tell us what happened. They told me that she may have been handed over to Noahs Arc, I tried looking her up but couldnt find her. Carlie convinced someone to confess that she had been given to either houston beagle rescue, or hound and beagle rescue. HOWEVER we can find her on niether site. So I'm terrified that we've lost Baby yet again, my only comfort is that she is in good hands. I will call both organizations today and find out which one and where and other information, then i will be updating this topic again! If i can find her online, believe me - you'll see the link for her. Thanks again for everyone following her story - keep your fingers crossed!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Sounds frustrating!

It would seem that the paperwork trail would be much more clear than it is.

I've been thinking about Baby...please keep us informed. I hope it is good news.

Thank you for caring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.