Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am Maria from Wyoming. My husband Greg and I are about to adopt our first pet (since we have been married) and our first Beagle. I have enjoyed lurking and reading tips prior to our adoption, although it has me a little worried!!

"Blue" will be joining us on September 29th and he will be 9 1/2 weeks old. We first met him when he was 2 1/2 weeks old and picked the puppy that didn't whine when pulled from the litter. He adored Greg. He licked his hand for a few minutes and then fell asleep. He would have layed there all day if we had let him.

Here are a few pictures I have of him already, I'm sure we will have more after the 3+ hour drive home (any advice on that adventure would be welcome)!!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
HEY! i am getting Dixie on the 22nd!!

I will let you know of anything i ran into for our 2 and a half hour drive! lol

I plan on taking a blanket and laying him on the passenger side seat, or leave him in the crate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
How cute! Welcome to Beagle World! :hi:

We just got our new pup. We had a 5 hour drive home and he just slept the whole way. We had a couple blankets and a toy and he was good. When we stopped we let him out but he didn't even go to the bathroom until we got home. I am so happy for you. You are going to love it!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome to BW! Blue is adorable, and I can't think of many things nicer than a 3 hour drive through WY with a baby Beagle!
(we drove through the midsection this summer from Yellowstone to Casper)
:wave:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the welcome everyone. I have plotted out that there are potentially 4 rest stops between Rock Springs and Casper, so we will have to take some scenic pictures along the way to share!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Maria:
so we will have to take some scenic pictures along the way to share!!!
... and we fully expect you to share them with your new family at BW! Of course, adorable Blue will be in each one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Adorable looking pup, you will have a great time -- and one small piece of advice: if you're using a crate in the car, throw in an old t-shirt or something with your scent on it. No time like the present to let Blue learn to become comfortable with it.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. What a beautiful puppy, looking forward to hearing all about Baby Blue

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Welcome, Maria! Baby Blue is just precious--I know you'll have wonderful pictures for us all to oooh and aaah over when you bring him home!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Maria and Greg :wave: Where in Wyoming? My Beagle travels well and as a beagle in the west, Blue should get used to long rides. Lot's of adventures to be had in Wyoming.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Welcome Maria, Greg and Blue! He is soooo cute! I would like to say we a just down the road from you but you know as well as I do that we measure distances in the west in hours not miles. :wave:

Cannot wait to see his "gottcha" pictures at the end of the month.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to BW ! Sure is a cute puppy! Lots of luck and yes,beagles pups can be a hand full but you will love every minute ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif :thumbup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks like Blue will have lots of cyber friends at a young age!! He will have a lot of road trips ahead of him to see family in Rock Springs (which is where he was born), trips to the lake in Pinedale, WY and trips to Colorado to see more family. Sure hope he likes football too or he won't fit into this family very well!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts