Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 34 day old beagle. He is 910 grams. He is not accepting any feeds. Drank very little water. This is my very first time with any dog.

·
Super Moderator
5,068 Posts
34 days is VERY young for a dog to be away from it's mom. Usually it's 8-9 weeks. I would call a vet to get proper food and instructions for raising a tiny puppy. How did he come to you so young, was he a rescue? I rescued a kitten once from a pile of garbage and his eyes weren't even open yet. I used a dropper with special food and he ate several times a day. Here is some good info How to Create a Puppy Feeding Schedule

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
34 days is VERY young for a dog to be away from it's mom. Usually it's 8-9 weeks. I would call a vet to get proper food and instructions for raising a tiny puppy. How did he come to you so young, was he a rescue? I rescued a kitten once from a pile of garbage and his eyes weren't even open yet. I used a dropper with special food and he ate several times a day. Here is some good info How to Create a Puppy Feeding Schedule
Thank you for the link. I ll visit a vet soon .

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Visit a vet asap. Water is not enough. Something like goat milk fed in a bottle is needed for nourishment. Puppies dont normally leave their mothers until 8 weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts