Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, folks -- the promised "wet Maggie" pics -- she really did pretty good -- other super news is that Maggie actually had the "zoomies" after I came home today! :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Poor Maggie! She doesn't look happy but it looks like she's a good girl about bathtime though. Amber was like that. She hated baths but would patiently stand in the tub while I washed her. It's great to hear that Miss Maggie had the zoomies! Sounds like there's some spunk in the gal yet! Give her some extra belly rubs from me. :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's such a good girl. :angel: Then she gets the zoomies. :animal18:

Her turn is coming within the next couple of days. I've just been waiting for her incision to be completely healed.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Maggie sure looks like a sweet girl, patiently waiting for you to finish her bath. Nothing like a sqeaky clean Beagle! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
See, mom was more worried than she needed to be.

The zoomies! You go Miss Maggie!

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Maggie......

you're full of surprises! Zoomies?! Keep those good surprises a-comin'......zoomies make your mama smile (and me too) :animal18:

·
Registered
862 Posts
You're such a good girl, Maggie!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Boeing never looks as cooperative when being given a bath :grr:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Smooches to the wet girl !!! and you gotta love the zoomies !!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love the pictures of Maggie. I like looking at the pictures of the yo8ung puppies but I love pictures of mature beagles. Maggie you are so lovely. My Bagel is smitten as well. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Maggie, what good manners you have! Caesar hates the bath and tries so hard to jump out. One hands holds him in the tub, while the other tries to wash him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Very cute pictures.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the support, folks!
Spencer's Mum -- the "grin" makes more sense when you realize that I had liver treats in my hands in addition to the camera. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Bob -- Maggie is quite flattered! You know, I don't recall ever seeing a picture of Bagel -- please post.
The Dean -- you will gets lots of replies re "what are the zoomies". I don't know if this is a beagle thing but none of my previous non-beagle dogs had them. Maggie's version is to start on my bed, run around on the bed two or three times, jump onto the ottoman and then make a mad dash into the living room, running around the sofa and inbetween the sofa and an end table and back up onto the bed. She will do this two or three times in a row and then collapse on the bed, breathing heavy. :biglaugh: She always does the same route. I don't have to chase her the whole route -- if I start chasing her, she will do the rest on her own. Maggie is now 12 and has had a rough year, physically, so to see her run is a great thing!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
What a good girl Maggie is, cant imagine getting either of ours into a bath. Snoopy has zoomies. If Dave picks him up for a cuddle and then puts him down, he zooms into the house jumps onto the couch and zooms back into the garden. Or if,the house door is shut, he zooms round the outisde of the house a few times. Susi just stands and stares in amazement.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by The Dean:
What are the Zoomies?
The zoomies are when a beetle gets a sudden burst of energy that can only be satisfied by "zooming" around the house or yard at full speed. They often stop for a brief breather, then zoooom around again!

Zoomies are very popular with beetles after baths as Miss Maggie illustrated.

Zooooom, zoooom, zoooom :animal18:

Hope that helps.

~Denise

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
What wonderful news about Maggie having the zoomies--that is a very good sign! Her bathtime pictures are so cute--especially the second one cracked me up! :hi: I hope she continues to feel better and better!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts