Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to upload a custom avatar, but I can't seem to find out how to do it. I looked in the How-to section and followed the instructions but I can't find the option to upload an avatar. I can see that I can upload a stock avatar but nothing custom. If someone could enlighten me that would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
You have to have a 100 posts first then you can upload a custom avatar.
It doesn't really take that long to get there, good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Right from the TOS you were to have read before registering on this site. And it states...</span></span>

<FONT FACE="Verdana" SIZE="3" COLOR="#FF0000">General Avatar Rules</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="#FF0000">We do allow the use of avatars on our system if they fit inside the scope of the following rules:</FONT>

<UL>

<LI>We do NOT allow the use of avatars remotely hosted by other services or communities on Beagle World.</LI>

<LI>Your avatar <FONT COLOR="#FF0000">MUST NOT</FONT> be larger then 100 pixels wide by 100 pixels high.</LI>

<LI>Your avatar image <FONT COLOR="#FF0000">MUST NOT</FONT> be copyrighted to anyone other than you or used by you without permission of the owner. This rule exists in case the image you are using is not yours. You may use your own avatar or one we have loaded in our stock avatar for your profile identity.</LI>

<LI>Your avatar can <FONT COLOR="#FF0000">NOT</FONT> contain nudity of any kind, including cartoon nudity.</LI>

<LI><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">Avatar Suspension</FONT>: If you break any of the size limit rules, your avatar will be removed from your profile immediately. You will not be able to use any avatar if your personal avatar is suspended for vulgarity or nudity and your posting privileges will be permanently terminated immediately.</LI>

<LI>If your avatar is suspended for size and you repost it without resizing, your avatar will be suspended until you submit an avatar in the proper size to a Beagle World Administrator.</LI>

<LI>If you cannot resize your avatar to fit the size requirement, you may send it to a Beagle World Administrator and it will be resized and returned to you as soon as possible.</LI>

<LI>If your avatar is suspended for size and you repost it without resizing, your avatar will be suspended until you submit an avatar in the proper size to a Beagle World Administrator.</LI>

<LI>If you are changing your avatar to an over-sized avatar after you have submitted a regulation-sized avatar, your avatar use will be suspended for 30 days. After your avatar privileges are restored, your avatar will be locked and unchangeable. On the third offense your avatar privileges will be terminated.</LI>

[/list]
We hope to have custom avatars as a feature for every user on the system; however, you must have a set amount of posts in the forums before you will be allowed to use custom avatars (currently set at 100 posts). The current size restriction is in place for two reasons: 1) over-size avatars take a long time to download for dial-up users and slow computers; and, 2) the large size avatars misalign the table format for the Message Board.

Currently, all custom avatar use is restricted to avatars that are uploaded onto our system by the user. We no longer allow the use of off-site avatars hosted by third party web hosting entities or members' private web spaces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts