Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally scheduled to have Autumn's teeth cleaned. I figured I better do it now before she gets older and I won't want to put her under. I'm also having this warty thing removed from the top of her head. My Vet did take a sample of it and it was just a waxy substance. She said it's not a concern. Have you guys seen these types of growths before? Any advice needed before her dental procedure? It's not for 2 more weeks. She just had all her bloodwork done and it came back good.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Cassie recently had her 2nd dental cleaning under anesthesia..everything was fine..no issue. Her teeth are pearly white..what a difference. Her ladt one was about 2 1/2 years ago. She also had a growth removed from between her toes on the left paw. It was done a few weeks before the dental cleaning. She had to wear a soft collar so she couldnt get to her paw. I didnt have the tissue sent to pathology. It seems to be fine by the way it looks.
Dont worry Autumn will do just fine.. let us know how it goes.
Cassie sends a ((hug))

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I believe I might know about the waxy substance.

As Luc aged, he'd get bumps/zits/cysts. Some I'd pierce, and nothing would come out, until BOOM! Two waxy pearls. Hard and yeah. I've never seen anything like it...is that like what Autumn has?

(Our vet highly discourages trying to pop lumps, by the way, I just have a bit of a compulsion.)

Autumn will do well on the dental if her bloodwork came back so good. I will echo Cassie, keep us up-to-date.

Reactions: Autumn's Mom

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe I might know about the waxy substance.

As Luc aged, he'd get bumps/zits/cysts. Some I'd pierce, and nothing would come out, until BOOM! Two waxy pearls. Hard and yeah. I've never seen anything like it...is that like what Autumn has?

(Our vet highly discourages trying to pop lumps, by the way, I just have a bit of a compulsion.)

Autumn will do well on the dental if her bloodwork came back so good. I will echo Cassie, keep us up-to-date.
Thanks for your input. Her bump was hard. The Vet stuck a needle in it to test it about a year ago. It had been fine but she must have scratched it this week as the Vet thought. It has gotten bigger and pus has come out. It's dried up again and yes I have heard older dogs get them. We decided since she will be under for her teeth to have it removed. I hope it doesn't come back. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Thanks for your input. Her bump was hard. The Vet stuck a needle in it to test it about a year ago. It had been fine but she must have scratched it this week as the Vet thought. It has gotten bigger and pus has come out. It's dried up again and yes I have heard older dogs get them. We decided since she will be under for her teeth to have it removed. I hope it doesn't come back. :rolleyes:
Luc's never came back. I think it makes sense to have it removed at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts