Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"How dogs think" is yet another great addition to his line of books! :thumbup: Here is a sample of his latest! "Like all of my dogs, he also has a fondness for catfood if it can be stolen from the cats bowl. For this reason, we we have taken to putting Loki's food dish on the kitchen counter, & included a small stool so the lazy cat can jump up to the counter. This process facinated Darby as he looked at the feeding cat & then @ me & next he did something very strange! He looked down and began to dig at the base of the counter. I looked down but saw nothing. What are you trying to say Darby? As if I expected an answer. Again he looked at me and then frantically began to dig at the base of the counter. I looked down once again & finally I got down on my hands & knees to see what he was after... only to feel his feet jumping off my back to access the counter to eat the uneaten cat food! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Stanley Coren has a Phd in psychology...but he was clearly "outsmarted by a beagle in this case"! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well as it turns-out, I will get to spend more time with this book as my broken ankle heals! (I thought I had sprained it very badly...but I clearly fractured it 3 weeks ago as the x-rays showed)! (Stubborness & a high tolerence to pain is not always a good thing)! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif I have been walking around with a fractured ankle for 3 weeks & most of the swelling has gone away & it has started healing...but for it to heal properly I have to wear a "boot-cast" for 2 to 3 weeks! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Goober & Homer will no doubt enjoy having "the big dawg" home for for an "extended holiday"! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks/Danke! I still heal very fast & "will be back on both of my feet" very soon! :thumbup: But at least I have Goober & Homer to comphort me while I recover! I did not break the same leg-bone that I did in 1974, as it was the major leg bone, but it was the smaller "outside" leg-bone this time...Or I would not have been able to walk at all! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts