Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are camping in Algonquin Provincial Park this weekend (Friday-Monday) as Toby had a 40k training run nearby on the course of a 50 miler he’s doing in September (which we went to today, I went with the roving aid station and the dogs received many compliments).

Took the dogs for a hike and got lost sigh it’s terribly marked - so just 7k overall, but it meant we missed Toby finishing which I found upsetting.

Xerxes needed a sleep... (also for August it’s cool up here!!!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Love the picture. Are you guys concerned about ticks while out on the trail? I read that Canada is getting quite a few.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Autumn’s Mom!

Cassie, ticks are an issue. Not so bad up here, but still somewhat, and for sure where we live. We treat the dogs with Bravecto, and do long pants or bug spray for us

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More pics. We’ve had a lazy day. Walk on a rail trail our campground connects to this morning, ice cream cones at the park store (which again, our campground connects to), swimming at the dog beach where Xerxes again demonstrates swimming is not an innate skill in dogs. His back wnd has to be held up. Anyone else’s beagles suck at swimming?

Pics with a bonus shot of my new glasses!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
When cassie was young she was running around my daughter's pool, slipped and fell in...she managed to paddle to the edge and I pulled her out. Thats the only swimming she's had except one of those kiddie pools... no experience with trail rivers.
I decided to ditch the kiddie pool since she wasn't all that interested and I thought it was a mosquito attractor anyway.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks techie :) Yes, they were very well-behaved lol! Tiring them out for sure helps.

Cassie, Xerxes was swimming in a lake - he's only ever waded in rivers. He's not a fan of water though, and his hind end sinks and he paddles with his front legs. He does kick with his back legs, he's just not particularly good at having his butt stay at water!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Great pics...good sniffing material out there. Do you come across wild animals like bears and other critters?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There was a bear(s?) in the campground apparently but we didn't see it. They're around, but the most we saw this trip were red squirrels and some starlings. Sometimes we see more.

Lots to sniff but Xerxes didn't bay much, which was odd!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts