Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow, Augie will go in to be spayed. I have to bring her to the vet between 8:30 and 9:00am and pick her up that afternoon between 3:30 and 4:00pm. I hope she does well and I can make her as comfortable as possible while she rests up and heals. Poor thing is sitting here chewing on a toy and has no idea what tomorrow holds for her, but I know it is best for her in the long run, so I'll try not to feel too guilty.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Don't feel guilty at all. Augie will do fine, I'm sure!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif Lots of Beagle kisses to her... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup2.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
No need feeling guilty, you're doing the right thing. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif Spaying usually hardly slows a beagle down for more than a day or so. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/PuppyEyes.gif

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the well wishes for my girl, everyone. She is there now either getting the procedure done or resting up. We can pick her up any time after three. I can't wait to bring my little mama home.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I was so worried when Abby went in for her spay I almost cried when we picked her up. Turns out the next day she was back to her normal beaglie self and I was the one about to have a heart-attack because she was trying to jump on and off the furniture /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotatesmiley2.gif

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Augie is home now. Resting on her blanket on the floor of my room. She threw up just a bit ago, which upset me, but the vet said it may happen. Poor girl.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Aw-www, she does look tired, but that's normal. The throwing up was more than likely caused by the anesthesia. Some dogs (and people) are more sensitive to it than others.

Feel better fast, Augie! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/winkingsmiley.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm glad to see Augie at home with you. I agree with Sandy that throwing up probably caused by anesthesia. Also, don't be alarmed if Augie makes coughing sounds or sounds like she is trying to clear her throat -- also very common after anesthesia. Be sure to follow the vet's home care recommendations regarding food and water -- these usually include only offering a little bit of both the night after surgery and you might want to skip the food altogether in light of the throwing up. Augie will be comforted just being home and taking it easy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Augie is back to her normal self today. Being the mad woman that she is and trying to steal everyone's food. I bring her in tomorrow morning to make sure everything is healing properly and then she'll be done until next year! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's great!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif I am sure everything is going to be fine at the checkup!

Cute picture of Augie, btw. She looks so exhausted..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts