Our Beagle World Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
5,048 Posts
I had no trouble with the change on this board. The problem on the other board is that so many of us have been members for years and the email addresses we joined with are no longer valid. The passwords were sent to 'those' emails, so we never got them. Then - people could not get logged on and had no way to notify anyone. Those of us who were FB friends with other members had to ask them to notify the board. Fortunately, I am FB friends with one of the mods and she notified. Then, I somehow was logged in under a new user name. I didn't like it, but at least I could post that I needed help to get my old user name back with a new password.

What concerns me most is the security breach. I want to know what this means for us. How are we at risk? How is changing the password going to make me any safer than I was before. And - if my information was already compromised, what good does it do to change the password now?

· Registered
1,527 Posts
Basically my understanding is that the passwords were stolen and ip addresses. Each computer has a ip address. If you use the same password on every site that requires one someone could hack into your computer and gain access to your other places with that same password that you used on this site. Criminals are pretty smart. I pay my bills online and use a different password for each one. With the bad guys getting smarter we now must make passwords more complicated with uppercase letters, symbols and such and a different combinations of each. If you don't go to a lot of sites with the same password you used on here you are prob. fine. That is why it's recommend to change your password on here and any other sites you frequent, to be safe to protect you. It doesn't mean something is going to happen, it just means it could since the info was hacked and stolen. Does that help at all?

· Registered
5,048 Posts
But VerticalScope failed to protect our passwords - their fault, not the fault of my password. If the information is worthless, why was it stolen to be sold? Have you researched the 'scope', no pun intended of this? 45 million people affected? It goes beyond a dog forum and while I do NOT use the same password, I certainly am not reassured.

· Administrator
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey everyone

I know complex passwords can be a PITA, but it is for your security. Updating your password here helps keep the forum safe here. It's also suggested you update any passwords related to your email or if you use a similar username elsewhere as the information gleamed here can be used against you elsewhere.

Increased security measures have been implemented in response to this third party plugin developer breach. We had also been adding security updates prior to being notified of this breach. We are also looking in to adding even more features down the road.

For those with trouble accessing their accounts, or have contact with other members that are having trouble accessing their accounts, please use the Contact Us form on the appropriate forum you are trying to access, or PM the admin on the appropriate forum. The team is working around the clock to help anyone that is locked out.

Dayle

· Registered
5,048 Posts
There is a spam-free, non-restrictive password, security savvy Beagle board. Just sayin'. If you haven't joined - join. You can be a member of more than one board. If this one starts getting on your nerves, too bad, just stay on the other.

· Administrator
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey guys,

Are there any members that need assistance?
You can PM this account or post here, and we can try getting to you asap.

Otherwise please use the contact us email address:
Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums - Contact Us

Thank you for your patience,

Richard.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.