Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday when I took the girls for their morning walk Sherry poked her nose into a bush. Suddenly she jumped 6 foot in the air and tried to run away (she was on the lead). I looked into the bush and there was this HUGE cat lying there. It was the biggest cat I have ever seen with a huge mane of fur like a lion. It looked a bit like those beautiful Maine Coon cats.

Anyway we carried on our walk when I noticed red spots of blood dripping on the floor /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Sherry had cuts to her nose and the blood kept on pumping out. It's scabed over today and isn't as bad as I first thought but I'm so glad it wasn't one of her eyes that the cat caught with it's claws.

So, watch out for massive cats in bushes trying to sleep /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Poor Sherry. Maggie has had a few scratches at home because she doesn't listen to the warning when a cat growls or hisses at her. I guess she thinks its all part of the game she is playing.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No she's not traumatized by it. She's a very laid back easy going dog and takes everything in her stride. But I think she will be a little more careful about where she sticks her nose in future.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I am always cautious with cats, dogs can so often come off worst in a confrontation. Hope Sherry is o.k. now.

we've been zinged

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Sherry! Don't you have a kitty, Jennifer? If so, Sherry probably thinks all cats are friendly. Hope her poor nose heals quickly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am new here. (First post)

My own cat has scratched my Beagle Buddys eye and his ear. His ear got infected (dirty cat paws!). He didn't learn his lesson, he still tries to play with her.

Hope her nose heals nicely.

Bad kittys!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Dear sweet Sherry. Bagel and I send our sympathy! I'm sure Suzie and Sherry have developed an understanding but I bet Sherry looks at strange cats in a jnew light!

Yes, I've been Zinged

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sherry and my cat Suzie get on so well, I even caught them sleeping together once. I don't think Sherry realised that other cats are not so friendly.

She didn't learn her lesson though because on her walk this morning she poked her nose into the exact same bush to see if the cat was there again. Thankfully it wasn't but you would have thought she'd have learnt wouldn't you :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts