Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Originally Posted By: Toby & LuckyI don't think that is using the crate as punishment is it? I won't fuss or anything. Just walk, no poo = crate, poo = freedom in the house.
I would consider that 'crate training', not punishment. I know that with Hailey she thinks that scratching at the door is equal to going out and sunbathing. So if she doesn't go, I put her in her crate for awhile and normally the next time I take her out she will do her business, all because she didn't want to do the doo in the crate.

· Registered
26 Posts
Someone in another thread talked about how their dog had anxiety in the car and would poop, so before they went for a car ride they would touch an ice cube to the dog's pooper and the dog would then do the duty.

Well, I thought this was interesting, so when I know about when Hailey is going to go (for me it's about every 5 hours), I tried going outside to a specific poop spot and touched the ice cube to her behind. I think that it helped her induce pooping, but it also had to be around the time she normally would poo.

Maybe you could try this method if your dog seems too distracted outside?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.