Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with Lucky pooping in the house. He is 14 months and is not taking well to house training. It's mostly pooping. He just does not want to go outside. We walk and walk and walk then he goes within 10 minutes of coming inside. It's like he is just too preoccupied when we are outside. I never catch him in the act to scold him, but I feel like he knows he shouldn't do it. I have been treating him like a puppy with it and not punishing him and just cleaning it up and taking him outside. It seems like I need to take a new approach, but I don't know what that woul be. Any advice??????

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ladies! Gale, misery loves company, right?!!

I am going to try tethering Lucky to me! Thank You Daisy TDD, I knew I had read some other ideas here before. That's a good one!

Lucky doesn't care for his crate, so when I can't tether him I think I will walk/crate/walk/crate, etc. until he figures out that pooping gets him his freedom. I don't think that is using the crate as punishment is it? I won't fuss or anything. Just walk, no poo = crate, poo = freedom in the house.

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All good ideas!! I may just have to try the ice thing for the laughter of it!! That is too funny!

I have had some success the past couple of days by taking he and Toby for their walk, then feeding him in his crate and then leaving him in there for 10 or so minutes and then take him for a walk by himself. So far, so good. Thank you for all the help! I will be trying a little or all of it!!!!

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's getting a little better! We have only had one accident in the house in 4 or 5 days now!!!

We seem to have the morning poo down. It's the night time poo that isn't quite as consistent. That's where we seem to have the most accidents. It is getting better, though!!

Of course, we have a trip in thre weeks! I am sure being at the kennel for 5-6 days will ruin all my hard work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.