Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,053 Posts
Oh guys, I can so sympathize with all of you. Currently having 9 beagles living here, and having had several others come and go in the past 8 years, I don't think ANY of them have been easy to housetrain. Up until I got my first beagle 8 years ago, every puppy I'd EVER had was totally housetrained within a couple of weeks. Princess was quite an education. She and I had many very serious discussions about the fact that she did NOT have a 3 story, 6,000 square foot indoor potty.
I think the tethering is a good idea - I think it worked for Mrs. Nix and her Kioko - tho I think she may have done a little backsliding recently. All I can say is that patience and consistency are the keys to housetraining - tethering allows you to keep a closer eye on her when she's free - otherwise, crating her when you can't watch her every minute (and who can)!
Good luck to all of you! I wish I had really good advice - I think it's just something all of us have to deal with - beagles are just NOT the easiest dogs in the world to housetrain. I love them all to pieces, but I've had some extremely frustrating times with mine as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.