Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Arty is my first dog - I rescued him with the help of the Norcal Beagle rescue. At first I was just supposed to foster him but I swear it was love at first sight. Arty just about melts everyone's heart. Everytime I take him out, EVERYONE wants to pet him! He is the sweetest dog, and almost never barks. He just wants to cuddle, sleep, eat, and go on walks.

Anyway, since he's a rescue, i'm not sure exacty how old he is (my vet estimates maybe 3 or 4). I also dont think he is purebred because he is long and has kind of a thick build, shorter ears and a pointier snout. I think maybe that he is part jack russell but all i know is i love him so much and he makes me laugh everyday. When he does bark, he definitely sounds like a beagle!

He does have a few issues though, which is probably why his previous owners gave him up. He needs his anal glands expressed every other week (luckily I have learned how to do this and am comfortable with it - anything to make my baby better). He also suffers from reverse sneeze attacks often (maybe 1-5 times a week) which sound scary but are nothing much.

No matter what, I love him so much, I still dont know how the previous owners could give him up. He is my little baby!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
A big welcome arroooo to you and Arty! A lot of us here with rescue beagles are not sure if ours are 100% beagle either, but it really doesn't matter because they are 100% wonderful regardless. Arty looks like quite the character and is very handsome. Our first rescue beagle Booker (now we have three... I'll warn you now that they can be quite addictive) was also my first dog and we've never looked back! Looking forward to lots of stories and lots more pictures.

·
Registered
751 Posts
welcome! He is the cutest Beagle ever, well besides Marley and the other wonderful ones here....ahahahha.

Good for you!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi, and a big welcome from snowy Colorado. My 3 are also all rescues and I have never been able to understand how anyone could give them up. They really make my life complete and if I have not laughed by 9 a.m. I know I am in a real grump-meister mood or am really sick. I know you will love this forum, everyone is great. I love you Artimus! But, what's not to love - look at that face. Like the name also. When I first saw it for some reason I remembered "Wild, Wild West" and Artimus Gordon. Probably before your time.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to BW! I'm new here too and love this group. Your Artimus is adorable! I have ten beagles - guess that tells you I'm addicted or crazy???
Again, welcome to Beagle World!
Glenda 'n the pack

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
A big BW welcome to you and Arty! I, too, am parent to a rescue, now 12 year old Maggie. I intended to adopt a miniature schnauzer and ended up taking Mags home so definitely can relate to your heart being caught by Arty.

P.S. Kathleen -- I remember Artimus Gordon. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
He looks like a great dog. Like you, I never understand how anyone gives up a pet. I know that sometimes circumstances are unavoidable but rescues hear such ridiculous reasons from people sometimes. Luckily for Artie, he found you and I am sure he will have a much happier life.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hello and welcome!!! What a great looking beag! Looking forward to many stories and hearing more about Arty! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Judi

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome!! I see Arty likes to read just like our Blue!! ;-) For some reason he won't wear clothes though, he prefers to eat them!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to you and Arty from my rescue, Henry, and I! :wave:

Like everybody said, most of us don't know what our rescues are mixed with...we would love them anyway.

My Henry has anal gland issues and backward sneezes just like Arty. And he loves to be loved.

So glad you found BW.

~Denise

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.