Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't figure out why people stopped posting on the Meetup.com worldwide beagle meetup message board... now I see where many of them went! I'm so happy to find an active forum where we can share all of our beagle-y experiences.

Our family includes three much-loved rescued beagles:
- Booker (will be 10 on January 18), rescued in 2000 from friends who decided to give her up after 3 1/2 largely unsuccessful years of trying to make her behave like a golden retriever! We knew we wanted a beagle so we are (mostly) fine with her behaving like one...
- Moose (6 1/2), rescued in 2002 (five years this coming Friday!) from Ritzville Pet Rescue in Washington State. We found him on Petfinder and his write-up said he was a keeper - we couldn't agree more.
- Popcorn (2-ish), rescued in September 2005 from BeaglePaws in Newfoundland, Canada. She was terrified of the outside world (and a lot of the inside world too) when we first adopted her, but is making progress and becoming a little bit more confident every day. She certainly has Moose completely wrapped around her little paw!

Here is a picture of the gang at play (assuming that I did this right - fingers crossed since I'm a newbie to the attaching pictures thing).

Popcorn is the attacker (always), Moosie the attackee, and Booker the rather crazed looking referee (she had just tried to jump up onto the bed and didn't quite make it all the way, leading to her rather stunned look in the picture...)

Thanks for having us!

Maria

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The picture worked - it really must be idiot proof if I can do it!

So, here are two more of my favourite pictures of our beagle gang - on their best behaviour (from left, Popcorn, Moose and Booker):

and doing one of their most favourite things (from top, Booker, Popcorn and Moose):

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi, welcome to BeagleWorld!!

Cute beags you have there. I'm sure there's always an adventure in your house /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome! What a beautiful trio they are! Love the picture of them all sleeping in the bed together /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome, welcome :wave:

Glad you found us!! Your babies are beautiful /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Love the pictures. Must be pretty exciting around your house with these three.

Hope you have fun with us /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
HI! I'm glad you found us over here. Things got to be a little annoying by some on the meetup.com board. Too many opinions and too little moderation. Lots of us are here...Joe & Vinny, Sherocks, Judy & Maggie, Amy & Bailey (but not so much anymore...) and I think a few others. You're going to like it here. I'm addicted. Not a day goes by without me stopping in.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW, Maria & your beagle trio! Thank you so much for rescuing your pups. What fabulous dogs -- absolutely love the photo of all of them curled up asleep. They obviously love each other. Amazing that you could get a picture of them all together awake and not moving! Looking forward to lots more pics and adventures.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. This site was started by Murphy's Dad after the DogJunction and the Acme Pet Scenthounds boards went down. The site just keep growing and growing. Love your beagles. Don't ya just love it when they start to shed their rescue baggage. Popcorn looks like she is is coming along quite well. My rescue beagle and I have sniffed around the Western US but ain't made it to Canada yet! Love the pic of the three in the basket /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome to you and your great-looking pack!!! :wave: Loved all your pix here and looking forward to more. I'm relatively new here but I'm also addicted to this site and will visit as often as my time and schedule allow.

Again, welcome!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
hard to believe those beautiful babies were in a rescue situation!
Welcome! :wave:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by BookerMoose:
friends who decided to give her up after 3 1/2 largely unsuccessful years of trying to make her behave like a golden retriever!
:biglaugh: That is so funny!! And now I understand why my DH took so long to warm up to Shiloh: He's not much of a dog person, and had only ever lived with standard poodles. So he was trying unsuccessfully to make Shiloh behave like a poodle!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Welcome to our world of beagles. Love your pictures--what a beautiful bunch of beagles!! The one of all three lined up watching the food is priceless!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Genie:
The one of all three lined up watching the food is priceless!!
So do I!!! What a fabulous picture. Since you are obviously a good photographer, you should know that BW has an annual calendar and members submit photos for inclusion. There was a catch this year, though (and expect the same will be true for next year -- Murphy's Dad will let us know if this changes): photos that have been posted on the board can't be submitted to the calendar. They also have to be large (not reduced to e-mail images). You can go back into the discussion group and pull up the calendar messages for details. I bet you are going to come up with some great shots.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome, Maria!

I totally enjoyed your pics of Booker, Moose and Popcorn! The fact that they are resecues makes them that much more special.

My Henry is a rescue...this February 3rd will be a year. We love him like crazy!

More pics please!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome :biglaugh:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. This is the best site I have ever found so am certain you will enjoy it.
The photos are great and what a beautiful trio you have. Lookig forward to more info.
Angela with 2 rescue beagles.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Mark and Maria,glad to have you guys here. :wave:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hello Marc and Maria & welcome,

I too am here, althought I haven't been able to visit as much as I like lately. I still pop in from time to time and always enjoy all of the BW stories/pictures. This is a great group!

Glad to see your pictures of your gang, love the one of them at the dinner table (as I have mentioned before).

~Amy & Bailey

1 - 20 of 23 Posts