Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not Henry, thank God! But I've somehow contracted it in both of my eyes!! My best guess is that one of the kids at work (I'm a YMCA counselor) has it and hasn't presented any symptoms. I work up this morning feeling sick, and by lunchtime my eyes were a wreck! Now I look like a super high meth head (sorry about the comparison; true though). My doctor said not to kiss on Henry and he'd be fine...but since I'm extremely contagious for 48 hours I'm hoping for some reassurance from the beaglers...

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Oh no! I didn't know we could pass pink eye to dogs, so you've taught me something. I hope you get well soon and I hope Henry stays well.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hope you're on antibiotic eye drops!

Oooohh...I would go into withdrawl if I couldn't kiss and cuddle my Henry. Maybe you can steel some quick ones if you keep your eyes away from his.

Good luck with this, Melissa!

~Denise

·
Registered
865 Posts
Get well soon!! We will look forward to a bunch of posts from you while you are at home getting well!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh, that sucks! Hope you get better soon. I never knew dogs could get it.

I remember when I had radioactive iodine to kill my thyroid and I couldn't come into contact with anybody, including my dogs (the iodine can come through sweat glands and effect others' thyroids). My human family members understood, but the animals had no idea why mommy wasn't giving them their loving and it broke my heart.

Hope the time flies by and you soon get to shower Henry in kisses!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I HATE pink eye. I've had it twice now since I've started teaching, but I never had it once when I was little. The first time it went through its whole disgusting course and the second time I caught it right away and used the drops from the previous time and it went away a lot faster. Keep those drops until they expire, they may come in handy again sometime...especially if you work with kids. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks y'all! Doc gave me ointment, not drops, but I have some antibiotics left over from a sinus infection that I'm popping too. I never take meds but this pink eye is the worst. Doc said it was really unlikely that I'd give any of my critters pink eye, mentioning that animals usually make us sicker than we make them, lol. So now I'm bored (raining all day) and can't see for s**t (sorry). Henry has been very sympathetic, and I've brought out some new toys that I'd stashed since we can't do our walkies today. Sigh. Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts