Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Your hubby is not wrong, I wouldn't shout unless its the last resort, but use a firm and a little louder than usual voice for "punishment".... He is also not wrong for telling her you guys want to train the puppy the way you think is best... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hollering without hitting isn't hurting. I suspect a strong firm commanding voice would work better but I understand the frustration. I've can remember the two times I've hollered at the Bagel. The first time was a few weeks after I had rescued the Bagel and I returned from a funeral and removed a tie and draped it over the back of a chair. The next thing I know the Bagel is running down the hall, the tie in his mouth, flying behind him. I hollered BAGEL and I still sadly recall what happened. He released the tie and it floated to the floor, he ran to and cowered in the corner. I felt so sorry fo9r him, I knew his life before me hadn't been a bed of roses and I resolved to never raise my voice again. The only other time I hollered was about 4 years later and the Bagel had just devoured the cover off an antique book. I again Hollered his name BAGEL and unlike the first time, he just sat, looked at me like I had his complete attention. Since Homer has no rescue baggage, I'm sure your husband gets the latter reaction from Homer. As long as Homer isn't scared, hollering while it isn't the best thing, it isn't hurting Homer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.