Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
beagles aren't STRONG should just watch what's happening in my family room now. I stopped at the $$ Store after work to pick up a new hair brush - naturally I looked at the pet toys - and picked up 3 rope frisbee type toys. Tanna (who is a very small beagle - about 20#) was playing tug of war with his daughter, Angel, who is about the same size. Angel was in the whelping box/bed with brother Joe (who probably weighs about 22#) - and Tanna was PULLING the whelping box across the room. Who says these kids aren't tough?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tanna is from a long line of field beagles - both his parents are International Field Champs and he has many field champs in his line - so does JoJo (she's Angel's mom) - these dogs are bred for strength and endurance and stamina. I've always known he was strong (I've tried to walk him), but that just astounded me when I heard the noise of the whelping box walking across the floor! The box itself is not light - it's about 4 x 5' - very heavy plastic - and very sturdy (it's actually a garden tub but it works well as a whelping box and/or beagle bed). It probably weighs about 8-10# by itself - but with the bedding and the two beagles, it has to weigh about 50-60#. That's a lot for a 20# beagle to pull with his TEETH!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's what the whelping box looks like. Of course, not all those kids were in it - just Angel and Joe - but, as you can see, it's pretty big. Sorry, that's the only tag I had that showed the full box.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Too cute! They are strong, when Duke and Violet play tug of war, Violet will often drag Duke around the floor.

Love that pic of your beags, Glenda!

·
Registered
392 Posts
o ya they're strong!!! i can't believe how high snoopy can jump!! she can clear a whole couch! lol. good strong leg and jaw muscles
funny story! haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts