Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen numerous commercials for the Dremel tool-like nail trimmer. Does anyone here actually use it?

I hate the regular compression trimmers. I sissy out and refuse to do it- I make my husband be the evil nail cutter. Even though he's good at it now and very rarely cuts into the quick, I like the idea of smooth edges instead of the splinters the old trimmers make.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I do Chloe's manicure in 3 minutes. Got her used to it when she was a young pup, and they are clear/white, so I can see the quick and not hurt her.

I doubt that she will go along with me using anything else but the regular clipper.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I just bought a Pedi-Paws which is a dremel type nail trimmer. This evening, I tried it on Traveler. He wasn't keen on the idea, but did settle down as I talked to him and used it. I really don't think I did much, but did get him to accept it so I can work in earnest later.

Li'l Girl has white nails, and I clip them in just a few minutes, so I'll probably continue to do hers that way.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I actually use a real Dremel and it is accepted more readily than the clippers, however we are still getting them used to it. Bed Bath and Beyond has the Pet-icure one that you see on TV for $20 right now. I may buy it just to see how the noise level compares to our real Dremel.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I don't have one, but do have a friend with 6 dogs and she has one and loves it. I asked my vet about it - since I usually have him clip my dogs' nails when we go in for something else (he charges $12.50 to do it - and it takes about a minute!). He doesn't have it - but he says that he has several clients that have one and they all love it. I'm going to order one - as soon as I can afford it. Mine all HATE manicures.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I haven't used it, but when we take Tucker in to the groomers for a nail trim, we always ask them to use a Dremel. He hates the regular clippers and he tolerates the Dremel. The groomer told us that with the Dremel the dog will let you know when it gets close to the quick because it heats up and they will pull away. Also it you do hit the quick by mistake, the heat from the dremel will cauterize it so there is no bleeding. Our groomer only costs $5 for a trim but we are still thinking about getting a Peticure. We quit doing it ourselves. Too much trauma for both us and the pup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts