Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use 1800 pet meds for meds like flea/tick protection ? just wondering if they really are cheaper then just buying it @ the vets office ? If they are , are they a reliable company ? Or else who do you order yours thru ? I gotta get Charlie on some flea/tick protection SOON.

TIA /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I have never used them, but wanted to try them out. I know of some people who use them and are very pleased.
I was told that heartworm medication/prevention and flea/ticks prevention is cheaper through them.

You should know that things you can only get at the vets office (medicine usually) you have to provide them with a prescription.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i would have to take him to the vet anyways huh ? He's already had all his shots/vetcheck etc so i was hoping to avoid another vet bill just for that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif oh well i'll take him in anyways /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Thanks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Joni76So i would have to take him to the vet anyways huh ? He's already had all his shots/vetcheck etc so i was hoping to avoid another vet bill just for that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif oh well i'll take him in anyways /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Thanks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
Yes! The vet will give you the prescription and instead of paying him (+ a few $$ extra), you'll pay 1800 petmeds what you should be paying.
You can buy from them other stuff that don't need prescriptions. Like eye/ear cleaner, flea/tick prevention, etc.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I use Pet Care Choice out of New Zealand and I've also used Pet Shed out of Australia. No prescription was needed for either place. I switched to Pet Care Choice because they offer free shipping for a year when you place an order over $75. So far, I've had a year and a half of free shipping because of getting family and friends to go in with me to make larger orders (and it's not at all hard to hit $75 when you have 4 animals!).

You place the order and it arrives within a week or 2. Same stuff you get at the vets. I love using them rather than paying $45 for a 3 pack of Frontline.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I use K9Advantix, and have been getting the best price at Doctors Foster & Smith. They frequently offer free shipping on flea and tick products and no prescription is needed. I used to use 1-800-Pet Meds, but have been doing better at DrsFosterSmith.

My granddaughters use Pet Shed and are happy with the prices and service.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby's vet bases their prices off of 1800 pet meds /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

ETA: Call your vet and ask if you can buy a dose or two of the preventative. Our vet is wonderful about not charging for an "office visit" for a lot of things. We just pop in there do what needs to be done, pay for the supplies, medication, equipment and we're out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Our vet wouldn't give 800petmeds a prescription -- and got really snotty when I called to complain. Ah, well, we're moving away soon. Which in a way is bad, because we have a Petsense store in town that sells heartworm and flea and tick stuff, no prescription necessary -- and cheaper than the vet by about 10-15%.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Originally Posted By: RhomyllyOur vet wouldn't give 800petmeds a prescription -- and got really snotty when I called to complain. Ah, well, we're moving away soon. Which in a way is bad, because we have a Petsense store in town that sells heartworm and flea and tick stuff, no prescription necessary -- and cheaper than the vet by about 10-15%.
That's actually illegal for your veterinarian to deny the prescription.

I've bought several things from 1800petmeds. I have nothing but great things to say about that company. They are much cheaper than the vet's office and always throw in free gifts when I order. Not to mention, there are a ton of coupons floating around to give you even a sweeter deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts