Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Research Beabulls

I was surfing around the internet a while ago and came across this youtube video
Charlie the Beabull

Started looking into them and became fascinated by the hybrid breed. Just wondering if anyone has done any research or perhaps owns a beabull or knows someone who does.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Re: Anyone Research Beabulls

Puggles, LabraDoodles, GodlenDoodles, BeaBulls, etc... Designer Breeds are nothing but mixed breeds (aka MUTTS) with an expensive price tag.

Breeders (in general) always strive to improve a breed through selective breeding. Designer Breeders do it to make a buck.

I can go to any SPCA or pound and find cage after cage of designer breeds. Put any two breeds (a male and a female) together while she is in heat, they will find a way to mate. They don't need our help.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

I agree with Joe, and don't understand why people do that.
There are sooooo many dogs in pounds and shelters, why bring more to the world? It's a problem not only in the US, but in my home country too (Israel).
There is a nice saying i've recently heard: Pure Bred dogs are not the problem, they are the solution.

That said, I think all pure breed dogs or mutts deserve a home. If someone wants to better a breed, do that, and don't try to do anything else.

Creating a new breed is a whole different story, and takes several generations to get to a good result that can be accredited.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

As a responsible breeder, who is always striving to improve the breed, I greatly resent these breeders of designer dogs. I agree, if you want a mixed breed, go to a shelter. I've seen puggles advertised for as much as $1500 - where I have beagles from IFC lines, and I'm lucky if I pay expenses when I sell a puppy. I have NOTHING against mixed breeds or mutts, some of the best dogs I've ever had were mixed breeds, however, I wasn't stupid enough to pay $1500 for them! The last puppies I sold (litter of 3 born c-section) - I got $900 - and my vet bills alone for that litter were over $900. Won't even consider the special food for mom and pups - (mom often doesn't want to eat just kibble, so I make doggie stew to mix with her kibble - and cook for her - plus the puppy supplement which is $14/can - and the extra protein and calcium (cottage cheese, yogurt, chicken to help her make good milk for the babies). The time I spend socializing puppies, taking care of puppies, washing up after puppies, even bottle feeding puppies if necessary, isn't even considered. I don't breed my dogs to make money - I do it for the love of the breed, and because I have some dogs of excellent lines that are worth continuing. Everyone assumes that all breeders are in it for the money - when the fact is that only puppy mills make money from breeding because they don't take care of their dogs. Okay, off that particular soap box!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

I can't wait to tell my husband that our rescue dog (we think she's german shepherd husky mix) is actually a designer breed. And like Joe said, she was much cheaper!

·
Registered
13 Posts

Designer breeds are a rather appaling area. I've got nothing against a mutt, but you don't charge much if anything for them.

I assume Beabulls are a beagle, pit bull mix (did not click link). Go to an animal shelter. chances of finding a beabull are pretty good. Save yourself a couple hundred (they'll probably make you pay for spay/ neuter and one round of shots, that's it). And you'll feel good about yourself from rescuing a dog in need.

Pit mixes of all types, regardless of how good of a temperment they may have, don't have good luck at shelters. My brother's friend works for animal control. When someone asks for what breed it is a mix of, they have to provide an educated guess, and can not try to deceive in any way (saying Staff instead of Pit). As soon as they hear pit, they run. Usually adopt a mangy, fearful Collie mix that won't make a very good pet, while the friendly pit mix that would be perfect as a family dog gets euthanized since people have been conditioned by the media to think that all pit and related terrier mixes are evil dogs born of the devil himself with an insatiable craving for human blood.

I will get off my soap box now....

·
Registered
2 Posts

Designer breeds are a rather appaling area. I've got nothing against a mutt, but you don't charge much if anything for them.

I assume Beabulls are a beagle, pit bull mix (did not click link). Go to an animal shelter. chances of finding a beabull are pretty good. Save yourself a couple hundred (they'll probably make you pay for spay/ neuter and one round of shots, that's it). And you'll feel good about yourself from rescuing a dog in need.

Pit mixes of all types, regardless of how good of a temperment they may have, don't have good luck at shelters. My brother's friend works for animal control. When someone asks for what breed it is a mix of, they have to provide an educated guess, and can not try to deceive in any way (saying Staff instead of Pit). As soon as they hear pit, they run. Usually adopt a mangy, fearful Collie mix that won't make a very good pet, while the friendly pit mix that would be perfect as a family dog gets euthanized since people have been conditioned by the media to think that all pit and related terrier mixes are evil dogs born of the devil himself with an insatiable craving for human blood.

I will get off my soap box now....
They are a beagle/bull dog mix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts