Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I do breed our beagles, but we breed for pets - not show dogs. Ours are all AKC and UKC registered though. Is your dog registered with any of the registry companies? They will be able to provide (for a fee) a 3 or 5 generation pedigree and it will show you if you have any champions in the line.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I was able to find pictures of Maggie's father, grandfather and great-grandfather by typing their names into google.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Infodog.com is a website for people who show dogs in the AKC rings. It will not provide you with pedigrees. I use infodog.com to enter my AKC shows and check out who won shows all over the country.

Also, your breeder should be able to provide you with some history for your beagle. I am a HUGE supporter of ethical, responsible breeding (ie. not just for pets) There are too many unwanted purebred dogs out there as it is. I really hate to see people breeding dogs for just pets. Go to the Humane Society or rescue if you want just a pet. Also, my dogs are not just pets, they are my family members. Go to a reputable, knowledgeable breeder who health tests and breeds to the standard. You will have a better respresentation of the breed you want than someone who just breeds to breed.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Originally Posted By: TwoLuInfodog.com is a website for people who show dogs in the AKC rings. It will not provide you with pedigrees. I use infodog.com to enter my AKC shows and check out who won shows all over the country.

Also, your breeder should be able to provide you with some history for your beagle. I am a HUGE supporter of ethical, responsible breeding (ie. not just for pets) There are too many unwanted purebred dogs out there as it is. I really hate to see people breeding dogs for just pets. Go to the Humane Society or rescue if you want just a pet. Also, my dogs are not just pets, they are my family members. Go to a reputable, knowledgeable breeder who health tests and breeds to the standard. You will have a better respresentation of the breed you want than someone who just breeds to breed.
Totally agree with the above.

If her breeder was reputable she will be able to give you the info you require.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts