Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Dodger
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dodger is a great dog a 2 1/2 beagle, but he still tends to pull when we walk on leash, it’s as if he is going no where fast, like he has to get somewhere, but he doesn’t know where, other days it’s wonderful to walk, it’s great and he’s even walking in the healing position..lol, but I do let the lead out for him, but some days the walks are hell on paws, so I saw an article on this martingale collar, that is a training collar for hard to trains pullers, it doesn’t say you can use them on beagles, but I emailed the company and they say to contact my trainer to find out which one to use, well I trained Dodger from the knowledge of my mom as a dog trainer, but this collar is new. If anyone knows more about this collar and how well it works, it’s not a choke chain collar, it’s different, it’s like reminder that your pulling, but it doesn’t say if a beagle would benefit? Let me know if you know about if if anyone has broken there beagle of this very bad habit.. Thanks Guys 😍❤This forum and respect your advice 😇😍🤪GB

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
That collar has prongs that pinch when pulled. I would recommend the "Perfect Pace" collar. Its similiar to no pull ones in the pet store but nuch better. It has a safety connection from the collar to the leash and doesnt pull the head to the side. It has a thin cord that goes over the nose.
Google or check Amazon for Perfect Pace..
This is a picture of cassie on the left wearing it.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Grass Companion dog

·
Registered
Dodger
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That collar has prongs that pinch when pulled. I would recommend the "Perfect Pace" collar. Its similiar to no pull ones in the pet store but nuch better. It has a safety connection from the collar to the leash and doesnt pull the head to the side. It has a thin cord that goes over the nose.
Google or check Amazon for Perfect Pace..
This is a picture of cassie on the left wearing it.
View attachment 42809
Martingale Collars - Martingale Dog Collars for Training, Control & Safety on Leash, USA Made

i hope this works but martingale colls don’t have prongs this is there site, and I have tried your paces, Dodger is a trickster ,he figured that thing out and twists his head all over the place it’s terrible to walk him with that.

·
Super Moderator
5,386 Posts
Harnesses are great for beagles too, a good strong no-pull harness. It also isn't pulling on their neck - beagles sometimes have neck nerve issues from all of their pulling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts