Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh Millie she is just so disgusting it was bad enough her loving the wallaby poo around here , but now when the ducks and our lone chicken are out and she gets into their pen she goes right for their sloppy droppings like it's chocolate.
What is wrong with with dogs and liking poo , just a rant really.
I recall Merlin eating the odd poo and Bazel having a love of rolling in the stuff but Millie would ingest heaps of it if you let her.
Ugg disgusting dog .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Leo definitely does not discriminate against any form of poo. He is a lover of it all!

I feel your pain...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally Posted By: LeonidasLeo definitely does not discriminate against any form of poo. He is a lover of it all!

I feel your pain...
You made me giggle .
I feel your pain too. Sigh !

·
Registered
650 Posts
Feelin' the pain, here too, with Jake. Thankfully he is getting better, and will grow out of it with time. I'm thinking that Jake's poop-eating is a product of his being on the streets most of his life. Now I clean the yard as often as I can which helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I think one of the dogs had a small accident in the kennel today. When my boyfriend got home, he said they both smelled terrible. It's like they had an accident, cleaned it up, and then cleaned one another. The smell was EVERYWHERE on them. So gross. I gave both dogs a bath and need to go back over Bones' head with a rag before bed tonight, since her head still smells of poo a bit.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Isn't poop eating just the BEST part of having a dog! Booker is like Millie - she likes the sloppy chocolatey poop, which is definitely the most disgusting thing she can find. Buzz is our other poop eater but he prefers a drier, chewy chaw - also disgusting but not quite as bad as Booker's poop of choice!

Thank goodness Moose and Popcorn haven't developed a taste for the stuff - THEY can kiss me whenever they want!

·
Registered
582 Posts
While we were visiting our Bebe in preparation to adopt her, the breeder let her in the pen to nurse her puppies. I know it’s natural for the mother to “clean” the nest. I suppose that was their reasoning for letting her do it. I’ve seen dogs do some pretty gross things, but watching her eat a little pile or two and lap up a puddle made me gag.

Must have been the contrast between so much cuteness, and the little dose of cold, hard reality.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you really loved them, you'd let them kiss you anyway.
[/quote]

Amen Brotha!!C.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Rosa is the worlds greatest poop eater. I bet she can <span style="font-style: italic">out poop eat</span> all your doggies

She loves the chocolateeee type and the crusty type but her all time favourite is frosty poopsicles in winter...yum yum. Any animal poop will do, rabbit, deer, dog, bird, duck, cow, horse...the only one she doesn't seem to like is cat.

Sherry never eats poop which is surprising as she's been a mum you would think that it would be more natural for her to be the poop eater rather than Rosa. Go figure

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh dear your poop stories are making me giggle a bit, and gag a bit .
We love them don't we despite their sometimes gross habits. I look at the cute face trying to lick me and think hmm where has that mouth been lately.
Originally Posted By: EveI think one of the dogs had a small accident in the kennel today. When my boyfriend got home, he said they both smelled terrible. It's like they had an accident, cleaned it up, and then cleaned one another. The smell was EVERYWHERE on them. So gross. I gave both dogs a bath and need to go back over Bones' head with a rag before bed tonight, since her head still smells of poo a bit.
I read your post and went ewwww.
Originally Posted By: JenniferRosa is the worlds greatest poop eater. I bet she can <span style="font-style: italic">out poop eat</span> all your doggies

She loves the chocolateeee type and the crusty type but her all time favourite is frosty poopsicles in winter...yum yum. Any animal poop will do, rabbit, deer, dog, bird, duck, cow, horse...the only one she doesn't seem to like is cat.

Sherry never eats poop which is surprising as she's been a mum you would think that it would be more natural for her to be the poop eater rather than Rosa. Go figure
frosty poopsicles in winter

Winky our cat used to have a litter tray in the laundry which drove me crazy with the mess etc, but the last straw was the day I saw Bazel burying a chew treat in there [ yum I am sure cat droppings gave it some flavour] and Merlin eating the poopy contents all on the same day. After nearly losing the contents of my stomach and then the litter tray became a thing of the past and Winky had to do his business outside.

I guess that is a part of them we just won't understand.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
After reading these stories I am even more thankful that Jersey never developed an affinity for poo. She avoids it totally. If we come across any outside she steers herself around it and doesn't want to go near it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Oh how I hate this habit! In our yard it is mostly rabbit poop that they not only love to munch on, but also roll around in til they smell just right!

If we go for a walk to the lake or to the dog park, its goose poop!

Cole still has accidents sometimes in the house and for Roscoe its snack time!

It makes me so sick to my stomach but what are ya gonna do? Dogs will be dogs!

Luckily Gino doesnt appear to have any interest in it, no matter what form!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Originally Posted By: Beagle Eyes
Originally Posted By: EveI think one of the dogs had a small accident in the kennel today. When my boyfriend got home, he said they both smelled terrible. It's like they had an accident, cleaned it up, and then cleaned one another. The smell was EVERYWHERE on them. So gross. I gave both dogs a bath and need to go back over Bones' head with a rag before bed tonight, since her head still smells of poo a bit.
I read your post and went ewwww.
I came home and said the same when I realized my boyfriend had been letting them run around the house like that for almost two hours.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Daisy's fav is Guinea Pig poo. As soon as I open the cage to clean it she gets a crazed look in her eye and goes crazy trying to get IN the cage..yuck! She also likes muching on Gunnar's now and then and so the kids come running in screaming Daisy is eating poop again

·
Registered
93 Posts
Grosss!! And yet I still read every post in this thread, haha. Methinks it's unique trait of parents (furred or not) to be able to talk about poo so much.

I had a friend over the other day and we talked about poo as well!

- there's even a poo emoticon!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts