Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
For a long time, Beasley was like that going down the stairs. She loved to run upstairs and get into the bedrooms, but she would just sit and whine at the top of the stairs when she wanted to come down. Every few minutes, she would slowly sneak her paws over the edge, but always pull back real quick.

She's over that now....Now her favorite game is to run up and down the stairs as we are trying to grab her so we can take her outside...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I don't blame little Maggie for being scared -- that is an awfully long way down for such a little pup! Bet she didn't get up on the couch by herself to begin with ...

·
Registered
751 Posts
You post was funny Judy.

Anyway, Marley did the same thing with stairs. After trying for several days to get him at least to try one step to go upstairs, I sat with him for an hour and coached him. He finally made it all the way up and was so excited. I don't think he realized he'd have to come down too! ahahah. I carried him down for some time, and then coached him down until he got used to it on his own. Now he is a dare devil but I try to make him take his time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by judymaggie:
I don't blame little Maggie for being scared -- that is an awfully long way down for such a little pup! Bet she didn't get up on the couch by herself to begin with ...
I agree, I felt sorry for the poor little thing. How did she get up there to begin with ?

·
Registered
751 Posts
aw, the sensitive side of me thought of that too but then I said you know what, it was meant to be cute/funny. I don't think they seriously expected her to jump by herself do you?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe was very bold as a young pup. She jumped on and off the couch the first day I had her home.... I almost fainted (but she was 3 months then)..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Awww...poor baby! Like Chloe, Jersey was very bold as a puppy. She was jumping up and down off the couch and the bed within the first week I had her. She was running up and down the stairs too, when we let her. We carried her for the first couple of months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts