Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our sweet senior, Misty, has seemed a bit off to me lately. We took her for bloodwork Monday, and everything was fine except for low protein. The vet did an urinalysis, and it came back okay. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif Tomorrow, we're having a bile acid test done to see if it gives a clue as to how the liver and pancreas are functioning. Now, for the past couple of days, Misty's not eating normally. Being a whippet, she has no room for any weight loss. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Hopefully, tomorrow will provide an answer.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Adding Misty to the 'list' (really a long one these past few weeks, but those good thoughts and prayers MUST be working.....we're getting good results!)

I'll check back for an update tomorrow sweet girl. You're in good hands with your wonderful mom :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm very careful to feed food that's a minimum of 21% protein, so that shouldn't be the problem. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Poor Misty ...doesn't it always seem to be one thing after another when they start to age ....

sending out good spunky thoughts that she is feeling herself really soon !!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Sandy,

How was Misty's vet visit today? And how is she feeling?

I wish I were confident enough to stop cooking form my dogs and resume real dog food. I'm afraid that they will become malnourshed on the homecooked (chicken/brown rice/mixed veggies). It certainly isn't helping Henry to loose weight.

Kisses to Misty. Keep us up.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the good wishes for Misty. Her vet visit went fine, they're all quite taken with our lovely lady. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif She seems to feel okay, and she ate well when we got home. Of course, she was hungry since she'd had to fast since yesterday evening for the test. The results won't be back until Monday or Tuesday, so we don't know anything yet. The vet cautioned me to try not to go the, "what if", route, but to wait for the test outcome. I'll try to follow her advice.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Poor Misty.....
I'm grouchy if I miss a meal! Sounds like she was still the perfect lady....
okay, we'll wait 'til Monday (and Sandy, I hope you can follow doctor's orders and not worry) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts