Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found another site that hosts pictures free and allows hot linking. It is called IMAGESHACK.US . You simply upload your image to their site and once its done, they give you 4 ways to link to it. For BW, it the first choice. Just copy it from there and paste it into your post. VERY SIMPLE. Your image will be stored for at least one year. Every time someone links to it, the clock is reset. There only other rule is that the image be no bigger than 850K. If you stay within BW picture size rules, that will be no problem.

Try it, you will like it.

I have already added this to the Online Picture Storage for Posting thread at the top of the page.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I found this site to be very easy to use too which is great.....considering how computer illiterate I am! Julie

G

·
Murphy's Dad,

I used www.tinypic.com for my picture that I posted in a message, but I have no idea how big that picture is. I wasn't able to get to the image sizing site that I saw mentioned in another post. Can you help me out on this so I'm following all of the rules?

Thanks in advance!

Tori (Lacey's Mom)

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Murphy's Dad: I am trying to post a picture of my beagle into my profile so it shows up under my user id. I was able to load it on the imageshack website with no problems. I cut the web site link and then pasted it in the picture line on my profile, thinking that would work but it didn't. Can you give me some guidance? Thanks!
Judy

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First things first... Welcome to the BW pack!

Do you mean this one?

In the PROFILE, when it asks for a URL, you do not need IMG Codes. Also, you were missing the .jpg You were close, you will get it.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, Murphy's Dad! Yes, that is Maggie's photo. I see that it does show up on my profile. Now how do I get it to appear under my user id when I post? Thanks for help!
Judy & Maggie
P.S. Jen just told me that I have to have 200 posts before I can put up a picture under my user ID -- I'll have to get busy. Thanks so much for having this website!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was wondering about this one too. Guess I'll have to get busy with posts too to get a picture of Bailey under my profile name. I have him in my signature though which is certainly enough for me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

BTW, BW I love all of the character choices below...VERY COOL!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Btw, Judy the picture in your signature looks good!! :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, Amy -- had to keep re-sizing it to get it small enough. At least it is one way to get a picture of Mags on my messages until I reach that 200 mark!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I've used imageshack, but for some reason, find www.photobucket.com easier to use. Don't ask me why....but the pictures are larger in the posts without having to double click into them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts