Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
diesel threw up this morning but it was right after he ate. it wasnt a lot.. is it because he is eating to fast??

he has done this twice before...but its only happnes every once in a while??

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I had that problem with Chloe when she was a young puppy.... I gave her her meals in smaller portions (dinner was 2-3 portions, as soon as she finished one I added the rest), and I added a little bit of warm water to the food, to help her digest it easier. That solved it.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Ya, likely that it was because he was eating too fast. I used to put a bone or something in the bowl so that Spencer would have to eat around it. He used to inhale his food as well.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Marley is 8 months now. This happened a few times with him too. A little bit after he ate. He would just gobble the food up and not chew. This was especially the case when he was teething. He didn't chew. It would be full size pieces of his kibble. Vet said eating too fast, should resolve.

Now, if Pup keeps doing it, and/or the amount at one time increases, or you see the orange bile stuff, I would say check in with the Vet. Not to worry yeat at that point, but just to see what they say.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks... i was a bit worried for a while there...but im starting to put warm water in his food because he is teething so that he can slow down and acctually chew his food.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh i know... he was sitting in front of me when he did it... he looked up at me with thoes sad eyes like he didnt feel good... then ten min later he jumped back up and was playing like a normal puppy again... but i put water in his lunch today and he seemed to acctually slow down and chew it... so hopefully this will work

·
Registered
751 Posts
Bingo! I too did the water thing and it helped a lot. Was softer for him to chew while teething, and cut down on the throwing up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts