Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, Snoopy's nose is always wet except when he is sleeping...I noticed the pup, Marbles, his nose is dry alot...should he be drinking more?

We kinda limited his water b/c he pees and pees and pees, and pees...but I dont want him to be dehydrated either (obviously he isnt.)

I finally have a moment of silence...Snoppy is lying on my left thigh, the puppy on my Left hip...and I cant move, but I dont care..as long as the pup isnt peeing and peeing and peeing...i get to sit down...wheeww!!

Amanda and Snoops and new Marbles

·
Registered
134 Posts
from what I was told in my vet studies the whole "wet nose, dry nose" thing is meant to be an old wifes tale- so I wouldn't be concerned about it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

So glad to hear the two are sharing the same space - that's a good sign :biglaugh:

·
Registered
751 Posts
whew, don't you just love those quiet moments?

I notice lately that Marley's nose is a lot wetter than it used to be. I'd guessed it was due to the cold weather. I think that is wrong though.

Anyway, my puppy book does say sometimes it's dry due to inactivity. Says check his nose when he wakes up and it should be dry. However, if it is dry all the time, even after a long play or walk, it may be dehydration or something else. Says to just check with Vet on next visit.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Amanda!

Obviously I missed something...didn't know that you got a new puppy. I'll have to go back and find that thread.

Now that I'm back on BW (Cox kept several of us off for a long time), my computer is slowly dying. The screen keeps turning off and sometimes it won't stay on no matter how much you re-press the button. Jeff is holding off on getting a new computer until the latest Dell creation goes on the market sometimes this month.

Anyway, I always compared having a new dog and housetraining them to having a toddler. You have to stay on top of them and keep them in your sight constantly and the only time you don't find yourself jumping up and hovering is when they are asleep.

Now I have to go read about Marbles. (I love that name).

~Denise

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Pegasus:

I finally have a moment of silence...Snoppy is lying on my left thigh, the puppy on my Left hip...and I cant move, but I dont care.
:biglaugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts