Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My husband and I have been reading these forums for awhile and finally decided to join. We were married in November and for our first Christmas together, he bought me our first baby, Phoebe. She is a red and white with a liver nose and green eyes (I promise to post pics once i finally take some!) She's mama's pride and joy. Our second baby, Marty, is officially ours today. We have been keeping track of him at a local shelter and he went up for adoption today. Of course we are so very excited! But we will not be able to get him until tomorrow afternoon (he is undergoing the "Big Owwie" in the morning). Our kids have not met yet, but I am sure there will be some interesting things to post about starting tomorrow.

I absolutely love this forum. It's funny to hear stories on here about things the little beags have done, and think, "That sounds like my little girl!" Anyway, the four of us are very happy to be a part of the world-wide beagle family now.

Here is a picture of our new little man from the shelter's wesite: Our New Baby

There was also another 7-8 month old Beagle that was adorable! He has cherry eye though and being newly-weds we weren't prepared to endure the costs of correcting it. So if there is anyone on here in Virginia that would be intersted, please take a look at him! He's at the Norfolk Animal Management Center. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome :wave:

Looking forward to hearing your stories and seeing the pictures!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to beagle World :wave: A big howdy arrroooo to Phoebe and to Archie (Or whatever you decide to call him), it is a small price to pay for a forever home with love and a little sister. :thumbup: Looking forward to learning more about those two.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. Thank you for taking a rescue as your second beagle. We are looking forward to hearing all about them both. :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to your whole crew! I, too, have a rescue beagle and am thrilled that you decided to give a forever home to Marty. Looking forward to lots of stories and pics.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Ashley! :wave:

Marty is quite handsome! There is nothing like a beagle face, is there?

Please post after the babies meet tomorrow. I'll bet they will love each other.

Welcome...glad you found BW!

Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Such a cutie! I'm sure that he will be fine with his new sister. Keep us posted on how they get along! We love to hear Beagle stories, but even more we love pictures. Welcome to Beagle World!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi and welcome to BW!!

Marty is darling and I'm looking forward to seeing Phoebe /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

So glad you took a rescue and are giving him a loving home. My Daisy was a stray. We found her owner but he let us have her because he had several other dogs (a hunting pack). She is the love of our lives :heart:

You'll have a lot of fun here, and a lot of advice if you need it.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Ashley!! Welcome to BW! Marty looks beautiful, I hope to read soon stories about him and your Phoebe, and also to see a lot of pics of them togheter! :happyhappy: Hope you enjoy this place as I do!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Welcome to BeagleWorld! I look forward to seeing lots of pictures and hearing all about the meeting of Phoebe and Marty - good luck and I'm sure they will become the best of friends in no time! I especially look forward to see Phoebe with her green eyes - I met a beagle last summer with green eyes and she was beautiful.

I had to chuckle/groan at the shelter's description of Marty - "quiet for the breed". Grrr - I just don't think beagles are noisy - certainly not like the yappy Chihuahua that lives next door to us and barks its annoying yip yip yip bark constantly... In my experience beagles bark when there is something to say but otherwise are quite - and so it bugs me when they are described as noisy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. :wave: Looking forward to lots of stories and pictures.

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A hearbeat at my feet".
Edith Wharton

1 - 15 of 15 Posts