Our Beagle World Forums banner

Another hole!

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  RhodaTse 
#1 ·
OMG! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif came back from lunch and I saw some cotton balls on the sofa! Those who knew about my leather sofa has gone through many disasterous moments with Charlie's distructive character. And my never ending mending them holes!
Now what, I do not think I can tell my husband!
He is two years already and still so distructive! Next time in the crate he goes if I'm out. :angryfire:
Doesn't he looks like a little devil! :greendevil:

See less See more
#3 ·
No, no, no, no... Charlie, you need to behave.... that is not nice chewing on the furniture... and at age 2? :greendevil:

Rhoda, I think that in one of Cesar Millans episodes, there was a destructive dog, and he solved it with the owners when they finally agreed that the dog was dominant.... Maybe you should call Cesar /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

#4 ·
I stitched it up, now my fingers hurt pinching through thick leather! I tried hiding the stitches by pushing it in. Hopefully daddy won't see it for a while. Maybe I lie a bit later on, oh I don't know what to do. I gave Charlie a hard time, yelled at him, had him sniffed and look at the hole. He knew what I'm talking about. I'm not talking to him just yet! :angryfire:

#8 ·
Charlie is not very destructive actually, I amazed myself saying that. :rolleyes:
He picks his (toys) to chew on. The sofa is sitting right in front of our living room window facing the street where he likes to lay on the top gazing outside with each dog passing by. He gets irritated and rather agitated when seeing another dog, same thing happens when he is on leash too. So he chooses to pick up anything to let out his anquish for not able to snarl at that dog. In this case the poor sofa is the victim, I figured that much of him, cause it happens everytime when a dog passes by. If I'm home I'll stop him.
As for the sprinkler heads and water tubes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I haven't figure that out yet.
Yes, I must admit, I have not walk him for couple of days, I'm not feeling well coming down with a cold. And it is cold here, raining too.
But I thought he is turning 2 years old, he should settle down, right? Is it because he is a beagle?

#9 ·
I rather smugly have thought that Charlie was a little hellion on paws and that my little darling angels would never behave like that!!! Well, I am here to tell you I am eating my words on that subject. Our little foster beagle has me trying to figure out what is next in her bag of tricks. She is 18 months old so should really be out of the puppy stage but we have not had one down minute since she showed up 2 weeks ago! Socks, slippers, trash, toys, gloves, carpeting, watchbands, leashes, furniture, storage boxes, laundry baskets, her 3 roommates, etc., etc., have all been fair game! She is the sweetest, little darling beagle you can imagine, but there is nothing she will not chew. We are slowly working on what "No" means, but whoever adopts her is going to get a little pistol. So, Charlies Mom, you have my total sympathy. :rolleye11:

#10 ·
I hate to tell you but Spencer is 3 years & 1 month old and he has not settled down yet. I mean, he behaves a lot better than he did as a pup and is very obedient but he still has crazy energy and if I leave, he would destroy the whole house (mainly from his SA). Beagles are pretty high energy dogs which I didn't know before I got one. I had always seen the fat beagles who were so lazy. It's amazing how different they are when they are in shape and not carrying an extra 10 or 15 lbs on them.

They say a tired dog is a good dog. When a dog doesn't get enough exercise, they get frustrated and take it out on things, whatever happens to be in front of them when they decide to let it out.

#11 ·
Somtimes it's so nice to come here and realize that I am not alone in my issues with Duke!

Hubby and I often wonder outloud how old Duke will have to be before we can leave him alone in the house. I think you have all helped me answer this question....never! LOL

Sorry about your couch (and fingers), Charlie's Mom.

#14 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Zookeeper:
Somtimes it's so nice to come here and realize that I am not alone in my issues with Duke!

Hubby and I often wonder outloud how old Duke will have to be before we can leave him alone in the house. I think you have all helped me answer this question....never! LOL

Sorry about your couch (and fingers), Charlie's Mom.
Some beagles you can with no problem . But some(my Shiloh falls under this group)NEVER ! I found that out the hard way ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

#15 ·
Sorry about your couch, Rhoda :evilgrin: Charlie sure loves to vent his frustration on that couch, doesn't he!!!

Boeing is already over five and he's only a little less destructive than when he was a pup. Given a chance, I'm sure he'll chew to pieces whatever objects he could find. :pureevil:

#16 ·
Oh dear naughty Charlie :nono5:

Some beagles are more destructive and chewy than others, it's not always down to them being bored or not getting enough exercise.

My first beagle Lilly was very destructive despite getting 2 hours of exercise a day. I couldn't trust her loose in the house until she was at least 4.

Rosa on the other hand has never chewed up anything...go figure :rolleyes:

#17 ·
Jennifer, funny that you reply this message today, because Charlie chewed up my daughter's boyfriend's shoe! Left Charlie in the house for couple of hours while both of my daughters were in the house and her boyfriend too. Consquence of not putting away shoes as I always warn them.
Chewed my dancing shoes too hehe :hi: You can only laugh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.