Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
during the night the bladder is great! she doesnt wake up and when she wajes up she straight goes potty. but when she wakes up in the morning she straight poops in the house! that is so annoying, i dont have a chance to take her out and also during the day she doesnt want to go outside she just goes inside.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It takes time... You should stay with her outside until she poops. When she does, praise her and give her a cookie. She needs to know it's good to go potty outside.
Also, I advise that you get one of those Wee-Wee solutions, that gets rid of the urine and poop smell. Usually dogs tend to go back to the same spot where they went potty and that should eliminate the smell so that she won't do that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi i have some carpet shampoo and that gets rid of the smell pretty well...
sometimes im with her outside for 30 minutes and its freezing and she doesnt poo or pee, i put on her a jumper.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Keeping her warm is great and very important! Especially in cold countries like Serbia.
BTW - you don't smell the pee or poo after you use the carpet shampoo, but she does! That's why there are products enriched with enzymes that were designed especially for that purpose.
You can also try vinegar, but I don't want to make recommendations on things i havent' tried.

·
Registered
751 Posts
yes, cannot use regular old carpet stuff. She is a beagle after all so her nose knows /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If you know she cannot hold it, pick her up and take our out right away. I did that for a while with Marley when he 1st got here because we'd have to get from the bedroom upstairs, all the way down and out the back door. once his bladder and all built up a little bit, I stopped carrying him down the stairs and out. I let him learn to hold it and navigate the way on his own. Takes time though. He is now 6 mths old and doing great. You will get there! When she is going in the house, make a loud clap, catch her mid do and take her right out. Keeps doing it clap and tell her bad dog, not yelling at her but just so she knows you are not happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts