Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am quite certain this incident took place while I was jet setting for a few weeks. So allow me to relate.

The wife called me at 5 pm est forgetting it was 5 am where I was. She informed me that she let the boys outside and both of them made a bee line for the same spot on the fence. WHY you ask? Well it seems they were checking out the 5 foot alligator who was there hissing and snarling on the other side.

Behind our house is a vacant field and then an abandoned orange grove. I have no idea where this thing came from. But what I do know, is there would have been one less Beagle on the planet had we not had the fence.

She sent me a picture of the gator from her cell phone, I will try to find it and post it. It finally went back into the orange grove. Hasn't been seen since.

However, we later found out it was gator mating season and he was looking to get giggified with a little gator hottie in the lake across the street.

The moral of this story is to get a fence to keep the gators out and to keep the Beagles in.

·
Registered
276 Posts
wow that is crazy, glad to hear that you have a fence. My parents have a little swamp on their property and used to hear the gators at night. We just had 4 strands of electric fence between the yard and swamp but the gators never came in. Kind of surprised that none of the dogs lured them in. Can't wait to see the picture

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Another one of the luxuries of living in Florida!

I'm glad that both the boys stayed on their side of the fence though. I guess I should say all three boys. Do you have a chain link fence or a privacy fence?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jen, it is a green chain link fence per HOA regs.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
My parents live in FLA (near Tampa). They have a pond behind their home that usually has gators in it. No one has a fenced in yard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts