Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
things are going well for ole boy. hes doing good. his hair hasnt grown back yet though.
hes eating well, and has now been spending the nights under the covers with his dad on the pallet ive made beside his kennel.
i figure it wont hurt him any ya know?
hes back to his old self at heart. wanting to play rough and everything. i try to keep a tight leash on the play though.
hes got a serious case of the zoomies too. :animal18: 90MPH every time i open the kennel door. he cant walk simply into the kitchen to eat, its 90MPH. to the front door, 90MPH.
i still gotta keep him low key, if at all possible. everytime i go to open the kennel door you can see his engine fire up in his eyes.
ready,get set, GO!
hes still on his diet, and i must say, its the best thing to ever happen to him. he now has a slight belly, and a waist has formed. i can even feel ribs again. when he lays on his back, theres ribs everywhere. havent seen him this thin in 3 yrs. i almost wonder if im starving him to death. lol, but i know im not. he dont get to eat as much as he wants to, but if he could, he would eat 25lb bag a day. what beagle wouldnt?
if he can get dad off his lazy butt, its bath time. first one since his operation.
so there ya go, the latest bernie G beagle report.
(shhhhh, dont tell, but im seriously thinking of getting him a playmate in the fall)

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Great to hear! Keep up the great work Bernie! :thumbup:

Abby needs a bath too and I've been putting it off because I've been so tired..bad mommy!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess the reason im putting it off is because the hair dryer gives him the warp speed zoomies.
hes got a bad case of them now. the dryer will put him at speeds unheard of. :animal18:

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby gets zoomies after the bath too :hi:

I just towel dry her because the dryer really dries out her skin. I think she loves me rubbing her dry too.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It's good to hear that Bernie is recovering nicely. Be careful about letting him zoomie too much! Give him an extra Beagle kiss from his friends here in Florida!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It's great to hear that Bernie is feeling better. And good job with the diet. :thumbup:
Caesar gets the zoomies after his bath too. I think he's trying to dry himself off by going really, really fast. :rotatesmiley2:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
:bounce2: I love to hear good Bernie reports! Thanks for the update.....

Keep up the good work! :woohoo:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Goes to show that you can't keep a good beagle down! I'm envious that you can use a hair dryer to dry Bernie. Li'l Girl is convinced that I'm going to do her some serious bodily harm if I use one, so it's just towel drying for us. :eyes:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok here i set giving replies to BW and i felt something brush my leg rather lightly.
its bernie G beagle. whom is not allowed up stairs since his surgery. they dont want him climbing stairs for a long time off yet. i have allowed him out of his kennel for a bit in the evening. i block off the stairs with a baby gate so he cant climb up them. well guess what? he moved the gate slighly enough and up he came.
:rolleyes:
i let him stay for a moment. this was our hang out before the surgery. hes not been up here since his first visit to UGA. i think its done him some good. he loves it up here, after all, he does have his own bedroom.

·
Registered
702 Posts
So glad to hear that Bernie is feeling sooo good. :thumbup: Bernie and you are so lucky to have eachother.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts