Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know we had to let our beloved lab go on Saturday. Both my wife and I have a large empty place in our hearts and our home.

Out of sheer coincidence, knowing of our current beagle Murphy but not knowing we had just lost our lab, a friend sent a note about a 1 year old female beagle he had seen in a shelter about an hour away from here.

Out of curiosity I looked her up. A few emails back and forth with the shelter and I have arranged to go see her on Saturday (the earliest I can get there). We agonized over it for a while tonight, concerned that it was too soon. But realizing that we have a lot to offer and we may be passing up the chance of a lifetime, we've decided to adopt her if things work out.

Her current name is Baby, but if we bring her home on Saturday we'll probably change it to Abby; it's cute and sounds enough like Baby to make the change easy. I thought her face and colors were adorable.

If she hasn't been adopted by then, she'll probably be our newest fur kid. Keep your fingers crossed.

Attachments

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
She looks so sweet. I understand your thoughts about getting another dog so soon. When we had to let our kitty, Miss Priss, go in February, I thought that there'd be no more cats at our house. However, I saw Serena's picture on Petfinder, and she spoke to my heart. She certainly isn't a replacement for Priss, that's not possible, but she's added new life to our home. I hope that you get this sweet girl, and that she'll add joy to your home.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss! She is adorable though, and I have a feeling she may help heal your hearts.

·
Registered
251 Posts
A very pretty girl! I hope everything works out for you.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sorry to hear about your lab.

Is it too soon? Only you can answer that. But the email coming when it did... Things happen for a reason. Good luck!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hope you get Baby/Abby. It does help when one is grieving to have another animal to care for and she needs a good home.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your precious lab. We lost our Roscoe last May. We weren't sure about getting another one too soon afterward. But our Cassie (also a lab) was almost 13 at the time and we knew Duke needed companionship and a play buddy. Cassie was very depressed after Roscoe passed and wasn't in the mood to play with a 1 y/o beagle.

It was 8 weeks later that I found Violet on Petfinder and she stole my heart. We drove 8 hrs. round trip to get her and we could not be happier. She is perfect for our house and fit in from the get-go. Most importantly, she is a playmate and friend to Duke and even Cassie has grown close to her.

I guess what I'm trying to say is not only did WE need Violet, so did Duke and Cassie and I would imagine it's the same with your Murphy. Only you can decide when the time is right, but I can tell you this much, there is no wrong time. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
She is definately a cutie! When you finally meet her you will know if it feels right or not! I agree that things happen for a reason, best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
She looks very sweet. All the best ((()))

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am so sorry about your loss - it is difficult to lose a companion.

That email about Baby/Abby was not just a coincidence - I believe there is a reason behind everything.

Baby/Abby has got such a kind and wise look in her face. I hope you can get her - if at all able, don't forget to take Murphy with you to meet her or at least let them meet on neutral ground for the first time. Got a park nearby - meeting with their leashes on is good - that way you can control the situation.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I am sorry for your loss, best of luck on getting a possible new addition. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Fingers are crossed for you. Hope it works out. She has a sweet face.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts