Our Beagle World Forums banner

Annual vet visit today

996 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ricksconnected 
#1 ·
Sadie and Pooh Bear had their annual visit to the vet today for necessary shots and check ups. Of course we go pretty often for miscellaneous sickness and injuries.

Sadie: She weighs 34 pounds, which is great. Heart and lungs good. Teeth good. Overall good health. The vet re-checked her leg. She is limping slightly worse today. The vet pulled on her leg, manipulated it every which way. No yipes or cries. She pulled both legs back to test her back and hips, no yipes. It is not an ACL tear in her leg. It does not appear to be related to her back problem. Not neurological. She really doesn't know why Sadie is limping. Possibly a muscle pull or ligament pull. We are to stay on the Rimadly twice a day. If still limping next week she will do x-rays.

Pooh Bear: Weighs 40 pounds. He must loose at least 2 to get back to 38 which is where he was and vet is ok with that. Good over all health. Good teath. But when she was listening to his heart, she said she heard a click sound. She said it was not an arrythmia and was not a murmer. But it was a click. I asked is that something bad. Vet said no, nothing bad, just something to note in his chart. Which is worrisome to a worry wart Mom like me. She said not to worry though. (Pooh Bear tried to chase the cat that lives at the vets office - he he :biglaugh: )

Anyway, we are up to date on our shots. Just have to have Sadie take it easy (again) to get her leg feeling better.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm late to this week's posts, so I'm glad to hear that Sadie's limping isn't an ACL. I hope her limping gets better....

wouldn't that be a wonderful Mother's Day present for mom Sadie?

(prayers continuing....)

#4 ·
Yes indeed, my Mother's Day present from Sadie and Pooh Bear would be for Sadie to wake up tomorrow and be all better!!

All right all of you diagnosticians:

What on earth could she have done to her leg. The vet only said that she didn't have a ACL tear only by examination. So I am still worried about that. But I do trust our vet and I could see that she manipulated the leg and knee all around and no pain or yelping from Missy Sadie. I just came home from the grocery store. Sadie and Pooh greeted me at the door. I had to go back to the car and get more stuff out of the trunk. I came back in and Sadie is sitting on the mattress (we put the spare full size mattress on the living room floor anytime a doggie doesn't feel well to lay on). Anyway, she is sitting there with her right back leg pulled up to her body and it is shaking a bit. It almost looks like there is a rubber band in her leg that is pulling. She must have moved it funny or something. Luckily it didn't last long. I got her a piece of cheese and she was ok. Back to just her limp. Anyone experience anything like this?

#6 ·
Yes, RC you are getting quite lazy. You seem pretty smart. So I thought I would double check her foot to be sure nothing is in her foot. I just got the flashlight and examined her foot. I looked at the pad and separated all the toes and looked. She didn't seem to mind it and I didn't see anything in her foot. I almost wish I had as that would be an easy fix. A Charlie Horse? Would she still be feeling that since Thursday?

#7 ·
since thurs? oh yeah you sure can. think of all the sports guys that pull a hamstring(sp) it takes them out of a game or 2 sometimes. kinda the same thing. ive been brainstorming over this.
check her nails too. just look at them carefully, see if one has split.
theres just so many things this could be.
i would give her kennel rest for a day or two, kinda like im doing bernie. she could have jumped and just came down on it a little to hard too though. you just gotta keep us posted on this. i know you will. its driving me crazy too, as it is you im sure.
as for the smart thing you mentioned, i just get lucky sometimes. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.