Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on here for such a long time, since when I got my beagle pup Boo!
So I thought I'd give a little update on how we're getting on!
He's a lovely little dog and we get compliments on him all the time. His behavior is pretty good most the time, although one thing that needs some more work is his recall (as is the case with a lot of beagles I'm assuming!) However, with a lot of smelly treats we are getting there, especially if my other dogs come back first he tends to follow. He comes of his lead in enclosed areas or woods, land etc where there is no access to roads. He may go for a little wander especially to see other dogs, but he does come back in the end!

He has also managed to escape into next doors garden numerous times, even after we fenced it off, and the other day spent about an hour running up and down it in the fresh snow (which he hasn't seen before!). Luckily our old neighbours have moved out and new ones haven't moved in yet, so we'll have to redo the fence before they do!

He's a lovely boy and I adore him, however he is getting slightly on the chubby side, even though he gets tons of exercise and we don't overfeed him either! So any tips on that would be appriciated!

Here are a couple of pictures of the little man, Boo! (Sorry they're links, not quite sure how to put them on here without using photobucket, which is messed up for me atm!)

In the snow!
With the cat
In the grass
Looking a little shocked!
Got his cute face on!

xx

·
Registered
79 Posts
What a handsome little guy! I don't know what to say about the chubby-ness. Starla is a skinny beagle...even though she is a pig and eats everything she's got and you've got too. How old is Boo? Is he too young to maybe cut his regular food with diet dog food? Or maybe he is just naturally stockier?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
He is definately a cutie! Thank you for the update and sharing

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great pictures - I especially like the one with your cat. Our cat wouldn't get that close to Penny and Tuppence - she hisses and growls and runs off - and .... of course, the dogs then give chase!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts