Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my memorial to my Amber. She was the first dog that was "MY" dog, not the family dog. I got her from my Aunt Kathy one summer. Her Beagle was Amber's mom, my Aunt Janet's Cavalier King Spaniel was her daddy (I called her my own designer breed...a Speagle). She went to college with me and was there for me when my uncle (he raised me, he was basically my father) passed away. She was with me my entire adult life. She died with me at home in my arms. It killed me to see it, but now I'm so glad that we were together, alone, just us, when it happened.

Amber Marilyn
June 25, 1992 ~ February 24, 2005

As a young lady (That carpet was awful!)

Merry Christmas!

Love the ears!

Relaxing in the sun.

As a distinguished senior. In all the years, all the pictures, this is my favorite picture of her. It still hangs on the refrigerator at Aunt Mary's house and sits in a frame here.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
What a precious girl .... and a loving tribute !

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm so glad to see pictures of Amber after hearing so much about her. She sure looks like she had a lot of personality, and she is obviously greatly missed.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
This memorial section is quickly becoming my favorite. Now when members refer to their beloved pets who are at the bridge, I can come here to view their pictures again and again.

I remember your postings of Amber, and how beautiful she was. What a beautiful tribute Jen. :heart:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
What a beautiful girl Amber was!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone. She was very special. I miss her terribly...although Jersey has definitely filled in the hole left by Amber's death. I've been finding myself using some of Amber's old nicknames on Jersey lately.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I can imagine that Jersey is filling that whole in your heart.
Made me smile thinking of you off to college with her and going thru all the times.
Hugs and hoping that your beautiful girl is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for you.
Judi and the gang

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Thank you for sharing Amber's tribute and pictures. She was such a cutie! They are never with us long enough...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm glad I finally have a face to put with the name. You speak of her so much. Amber was beautiful. I know she is waiting for you at the bridge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts