Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadie has always known when it's time for me to get up. She usually jumps the gun, but I just lay there until she settles back down again. I try not to move until my alarm goes off. I figured she would realize that nothing is going to happen before the buzzer, and it seems to have helped.

But lately, at her usual time, she's been climbing over me trying to get to my night stand.
I think she's been watching and has decided that if she can make the alarm go off, I'll get up.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I think that we tend to underestimate the intelligence of our pets. It could be that Sadie's made the connection of the alarm sounding, and you getting up.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
With or without an alarm clock, Charlie seems to know his walk time. At around 11:00am to noon, always come back for a lunch. He became so restless, he'll look at me and whimpers. He makes me feel so bad, especially when its cold and rainy. Yes, they are smart. You have not gone crazy.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I think she probably is smart enough to connect the sound of the alarm and you getting up and to try to make the alarm go off. I am often amazed at the things Maggie can figure out.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm sure she's smart enough to have connected the two. Look at Pavlov's dogs and the can opener experiment. If they can learn the can opener meant food, I know Sadie can learn the alarm clock means daddy gets up!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Before Dave retired, we got up at 7am. Snoopy and Susi would both be standing at the bedroom door just before the alarm went off. Now Dave is retired, they sometimes try it on, when they hear the church chime 7am, but when we pretend to be asleep they go back into their baskets or join us in bed. But dare we open and eye!!! then hey presto they jump down wagging their tails. It is of course breakfast they are after, so once they have been in the garden they get their grub and then back to bed. Dave and I have our cup of tea in bed, whilst the 'kids' fall into deep sleep again.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Oh, yes, they are that smart. Forturnately, ours are dedicated bed snugglers, so my husband and I just hope they never learn to turn the alarm off. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts