Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sparky has allergies to something in our lawn. (So the vet has determined.) He licks and scratches his feet and belly all the time, and there is redness. (Not as bad as it looks. says the vet.)
Benadryl makes him psycho. So we only give it to him at bed time, and when he'll be crated for several hours. We also have mildly medicated shampoo, but I think we'd have to bathe him every day for it to help much.
We have aloe plants growing in the yard. I was thinking about rubbing some of the juice on his tummy to give him some relief. I know he'll lick at it, but everything I find online says it's fine for them.

Anybody ever put aloe on their beagles?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
For the itching, I would try oatmeal shampoo and ask your vet about hydrocortisone ointment/creme. My daughter's landlord has a dog with eczema and they use hydrocortisone on it all the time and it really seems to help her. As for the Aloe, I can't imagine that it would hurt a dog and it is so natural. I personally have not had to deal with itching doggies though.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
i use an aloe dry bath spray...lol not sure that made sense but those sprays for when you dont give a full bath. And its all natural aloe spray and mine has mild itchyness because of our parrot usually that stuff keeps the itchyness to a minimum. we rarely see him scratch anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts