Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so Chloe is definitely an allergic dog, to what? dunno....

What I don't know is what and how much to give her to ease the symptoms. She doesn't seem to mind, but her sneezing and caughing is driving me nuts already.... was thinking of buying benadryl, but I don't know in which form, and how much per lb I need to give her...!?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I always gave children's Benadryl as advised by my vet but watch out, it causes the runs. I would almost say to go into the vet onthis one to make sure that's all it is and not a cold or something that will need meds. My cat once had a cold, was sneezing like crazy with the runny eyes and all.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'll wait with the vet, as she is better and doesn't show anymore symptoms. She is due to her annual vaccines next month, so we'll ask then!

Thanks for the input /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Benadryl has not worked for Vinny. He takes Tameril-P to control his grass allergy. Without it, he becomes beet red and miserable.

Go figure, a Beagle allergic to grass. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hi5.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Summer just came off Tameril and an antibiotic for her allergies. She is still breaking out. We have to bath her with an antibiotic shampoo 2x a week now, until it clears. We can't keep her on steriods any longer. She has put on to much weight (she was 32, now she is 36 pounds).

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If you want to try Benadryl - here's the dosage that was posted on Beagle Bay.

Benadryl®—If approved by your veterinarian—Dogs and cats less than 30 pounds, 10mg. Dogs 30-50 pounds of body weight 25mg, Dogs greater than 50 pounds, 50mg. Benadryl helps itching by making the animal sleepy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.