Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allergies

I'm soon to become a new mommy in about 4 weeks to a beautiful female beagle. i'm sure i'll have a TON of questions along the way (am starting to feel super nervous as well as, of course, sooo excited!!!)... but right now am wondering...
i want to bring my baby into the office at least while she is training.. for probably 4 hours out of the day when my husband goes to work...
i was wondering if dander and allergies are a problem when they are only a few months old?? (as opposed to being an adult) as my office assistant is allergic to dogs (she can be around them for a couple hours but then the dander in the air starts to bug her)...
thank you for any information /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: Allergies

I'm allergic too. In fact, I may be allergic to Luigi. But I don't care. Luigi's worth a few sneezes. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts

I don't know if it will work for dogs but some people have have had good luck bathing cats in distilled water to keep the dander down. You might also try brushing your puppy every day before taking him to work.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts

they sell special wipes at Pet Smart to wipe their coats to remove allergens. But I would say if your pup just stays away from the allergic person it should be ok.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts

I am allergic as well but never reacted when the dogs were puppies. Plus, I don't react to them anymore so I must have built an immunity to them.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

thanks so much for your input everyone!!
just found out i'm getting my new baby girl May 11th
SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
134 Posts

Unless your assistant sits RIGHT NEXT to where you want to have your dog all day...it should be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.