Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reminds me of Halloween!!

Mom had placed a big bowl of mini bites candy bars on the speaker near the couch. it sat there for afew weeks, and every once in awhile we would notice 1 or 2 wrappers was opened and empty on the couch. We thought it was the kids or one of us eating them.

Well one day i walked into the living room to see Squirrel nosing around in the bowl of candy looking for his piece! lol

Turned out he had already ate one and he was getting him another one! lol

then i noticed he had picked out milky way bites, then it dawned on me that the others was milky way wrappers also! lol

So apparently he loved those milky way, but he was good at just getting one or two at a time which is why we never suspected him doing it!

Out of curiosity, i gave him a milky way and watched him open it. he used his feet to hold the candy with, then took the corner of the wrapper with his teeth and snatched it open, and it looked just like someone opening the wrapper when he got done with it! No slober or anything, he just picked the candy out and ate it!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,444 Posts
You are learning that beagles can be terrible thieves! Anything edible should be kept at a very s /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif afe distance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
ALL Chocolate is toxic to dogs- it's the amount they have to eat of it to make them display toxic symptoms that varies.
Chocolate contains a similar compound to caffeine in it called theobromine which dogs can't tolerate. It is found in milk chocolate but to a much lesser amount than in dark or baking chocolates. But knowing a beagles appetite they'd probably still be able to consume enough milk chocolate for it to be a problem if they have the chance!!!
It affects their central nervous system as well as their heart. So they become hyper, tremble/fit, vomit/diarrhoea and their heart goes into overdrive. There's no antidote for it and it certainly can be fatal if they've eaten enough of it. So if your dog accidently gets into a chocolate stash go to the vet ASAP so they can make it vomit.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top