Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks like 100% ALL AMERICAN BEAGLE to me too. Our boy is a tad over 18 although we got him through the county humane society. The previous owners supposedly paid 2 grand for him and he was bred down in the south (we are in Washington state, 2000 miles away..). He has long legs just like your Bella. I wish he was as skinny though ;-) I'm very familiar with big beagles since we have one AND there are several close contenders at our local dog park, two or three of them that must be about 17 and just as long legged. Together with your Bella we just about have a Beagle Basketball team!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ahhh whoops, I'm the guy that said looks 100% ALL AMERICAN BEAGLE.... I just saw where you are from. So I humbly ammend my response to Looks like 100% BRIT BEAGLE TO ME!! Sorry for any unintended snub. My apologies. She sure looks like pure Beagle to me. We were not sure about our big boy (the 18 incher) and one time we went to a dog show that toured through our city. I went specifically to see the Beagles, as well as the Harriers and Foxhounds. Our boy Tinker is about Harrier sized but I was thinking he was a small Foxhound. Nope, after looking (and meeting and petting) all of the Harriers and Foxhounds, he is obviously pure Beagle. And your Bella is about similarly proportioned as our Tinker. Length of legs, length of snout, shorter ears that seem to stick out from the noggin' further than normal, the hindquarters, curvature of chest, and the width of the front shoulders. I'm thinking there must be some regressive (right choice of scientific vocabulary?) gene that turned itself on and our two beags came out part Foxhound (assuming the lineage of Beagles and that they come from Foxhounds/other hounds)?? Or if both our dogs have some hyper pituitary glands (I think that's the part of the brain that governs the bodies growth?). Either way, I love my Tinker just as much. I value both my hounds for their loyalty, companionship, and friendship. Although I could do a bit less with the constant drooling everytime I walk near the kitchen...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.